By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Sign-Up Thread

Okay I made mini banners for each of my places now I just need to order 50-11....

Former something....

Around the Network

The only 2011 game in my top 50 is Portal 2... Terraria came pretty close though.

All in all, 2011 has sucked

I have a 65 game list and no will to order it
@CGI: You're alive!

Carl2291 said:

The only 2011 game in my top 50 is Portal 2... Terraria came pretty close though.

All in all, 2011 has sucked

Don't worry. I doubt you've played every game so far this year, and we still have Skyrim, Zelda, Modern Warfare, Assassain's Creed, Saints Row, Mario 3D, Mario Kart, and Rayman to look forward to.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:

Don't worry. I doubt you've played every game so far this year, and we still have Skyrim, Zelda, Modern Warfare, Assassain's Creed, Saints Row, Mario 3D, Mario Kart, and Rayman to look forward to.

Yeah I really should have said "for me so far"

Skyrim and Zelda are looking to have spots in the top 50 nailed down!

Around the Network

This really isn't for me. While i can certainly build up my fifty most memorable games, it's nigh-impossible for me to rank between the bottom 45...

Ah well, at least i can make up some fun justifications as i go along...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Carl2291 said:
Salnax said:

I'm not so sure about that, Oblivion missed my top 50. Skyrim looks promising but a lot did this gen, then didn't quite deliver.

Zelda is a crap shoot too for me, I did not like TP. Still looking forward to it though, just with less high expectations.

Ni no kuni and TLG have the best chance for me of getting in the top next year.

Carl2291 said:

I'm sure they will... in next year's edition.

But I sort of agree with you as far as the first 3/4 of 2011 has gone. The DS had a stellar start with Okamiden and Pokemon Black/White... but that (for me at least) was it's final push before it passed the baton to the 3DS. The 3DS' start has been bumpy for sure, with the occasional highlight (Ocarina of Time 3D, eShop games, Ambassador games) along the way. Wii has been... well I can't give it too much grief, as I've actually had a blast with it this year... playing backlog games (but seriously, replaying and finally 100% Galaxy 2 was awesome). And even the 360 has been sub-par... I'm sure Fighting game fans and FPS fans have had a plethora of new games to play... but other than those genres... it hasn't been too hot for me.

Of course late October (Batman: Arkham City) and November (do I even need to name names?) are going to turn this year around. Skyward Sword, Rayman Origins, Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7 are going to have to wait until next year.

Heck, I'm even somewhat interested in Skyrim (despite my less-than-enthusiastic attitude towards RPGs). I hear you can be a furry chick.

Because shaving off the last couple games is so hard I've decided to drop some (sequal) games that may be the 'best' games I've played, but not necessarily my 'favorite' games, because they've left a little bitter taste:

53 - Portal 2 (technical problems ruining my experience, drags a little in the second half)
52 - God of War 3 (disappointing story)
51 - Uncharted 2 (disappointing copy-paste story from it's predecessor)

My list is complete, aside from perhaps moving a few games around. A few games from last years list have fallen out, and one of those was quite high up as well (top 15). But only one new entry is a 2011 release...

VGChartz