By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Sign-Up Thread

tolu619 said:
I will participate once we get into the top 20

You don't have 30 other games to place?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Fine, i'll toss in despite the fact that i've only seriously played around 140 games altogether

I've only played about 115.

Just to make sure I get the rules, I have a test list for smeags (with some of the unusual examples of games)
Would all these pass as valid list entries:

Resident Evil - GC
Resident Evil 4 - Wii
Metroid Prime - Wii
Metroid Prime 2 - Wii
LoZ: Ocarina of Time - GC

My issues are: REmake and RE4Wii... are they significantly different enough to ignore is being a PS1 remake? /// MP1 and 2... Do they count when I only played the Wii Trilogy versions? /// OoT... Should I just put it as GC, or would I need to put N64/GC/VC/3DS?

EDIT: Wait, I just re-read the rules, and I see my issue with RE, RE4 and OoT don't apply anyway (I wasn't planning on using any of them twice in my list). My question about the Primes still stands though.

Okay I'll join and this time I'll make my list before the countdown starts!

Former something....

TWRoO said:

I've only played about 115.

Just to make sure I get the rules, I have a test list for smeags (with some of the unusual examples of games)
Would all these pass as valid list entries:

Resident Evil - GC
Resident Evil 4 - Wii
Metroid Prime - Wii
Metroid Prime 2 - Wii
LoZ: Ocarina of Time - GC

My issues are: REmake and RE4Wii... are they significantly different enough to ignore is being a PS1 remake? /// MP1 and 2... Do they count when I only played the Wii Trilogy versions? /// OoT... Should I just put it as GC, or would I need to put N64/GC/VC/3DS?

EDIT: Wait, I just re-read the rules, and I see my issue with RE, RE4 and OoT don't apply anyway (I wasn't planning on using any of them twice in my list). My question about the Primes still stands though.

Ah REmake... that's the one game that puts a hole in my rules (I was aware of it though). For REmake... honestly it could be its own game seperate from the original PS/Saturn version (as Deadly Silence, the DS game, is more of a traditional remake that I would include with the older versions). REmake is... up to you. If you see it as one with the original, then post it as such. If you see it as a seperate and wholly different game, then you can choose to rank both games.

RE4 and RE4:WE I see as the same. In fact, I have the game in my list as well, ranked like this (since I've played both versions): Resident Evil 4 (GameCube/Wii).

As for the Prime games, I think I kind of got on that when I was talking about compilations and collections (Gave Metroid Prime Trilogy as an example). Rate each game (Prime, Echoes, and Corruption) as seperate games. If you played them as the Trilogy, then just put it as: Metroid Prime (Wii). Bringing Compilations/Collections into the scene just opens a can of worms that I don't want to get into.

As for posting the console you played it on... it's not hugely important... it just keeps things a tad easier for me to categorize. I mean, I have *gasp* Plants vs. Zombies as my #50 game, and I've played it on my iPhone, PC, and DS. So I put it as:

#50: Plants vs. Zombies (iPhone/PC/DS)

Anybody got a link to the old topics? Finding them would take a while, if only because our search engine still isn't quite up to snuff.

Around the Network

@Khuutra

Here you go.

Official Thread

Discussion Thread

Man, just found my old list and not much has changed except for like a few spots. I'm kinda surprised I didn't play many games this year.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

spurgeonryan said:

@ Smeags

Can we post them now?

No silly, wait until the 12th.

Although I will post some games that were in my list last year... but have sadly not made it this year. D:

Super Mario Bros./Deluxe (GameBoy/NES)
Animal Crossing (GameCube)

RollerCoaster Tycoon (PC)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Nintendo 64)

New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

Wii Sports (Wii)

StarFox 64 (Nintendo 64)

TimeSplitters 2 (GameCube)

Finished my list, well... more or less. I guess I still have to change the positions of some games, but the main work is done

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Ok, was quite tough and I am sure there will be some placements I think are odd later on, but I made my list (certainly had a few rock paper scissors moments, where gameA > B and B > C, but C > A)

Here are places 51-70 to see what didn't make it (my small list of total games means the games I regret buying start appearing at about 85-90)

51 No More Heroes 2 Wii
52 007: The World is Not Enough N64
53 Lost Winds WW
54 Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias WW
55 Trackmania Nations Forever PC
56 Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Wii
57 Geometry Wars: Galaxies Wii
58 Chibi-Robo! GC
59 Swords & Soldiers WW
60 Zack & Wiki Wii
61 Deadly Creatures Wii
62 James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire GC