By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official GTAV Thread - New Info, only set in Los Santos

What would you rate the Trailer out of 10 (not available at the time of writing)

10/10 22 27.50%

9/10 15 18.75%

8/10 17 21.25%

7/10 10 12.50%

6/10 5 6.25%

5/10 3 3.75%

4/10 1 1.25%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 1 1.25%

1/10 6 7.50%

Total:80
Marks said:
5/10 - It was a cool ass trailer but no release date!!! All I wanted was a month, hell even a season.

Guess we'll have to wait for E3

april ;)

Around the Network

Rockstar arnt gonna bring out 2 games in 2 months. Max Payne 3 will be for the first half of 2012 and GTAV the second half, if were lucky.

richardhutnik said:
The_Joker_Product said:
richardhutnik said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
GTAIV sold that much when the install base was less than half the size it is now, GTAV will easily sell more than 20 million.

Assuming people actually care enough about it.  It also likely would need to have good multiplayer.

People should care its still very popular. That said i havent seen so much hype for this trailer compared to GTAIVs.

20 million approaches that of Call of Duty.  Call of Duty has a large multiplayer component to it.  When I see 20 million, I have to ask what game, without multiplayer being a large draw, and  not a bundled title with a console sells that many?  As far as GTA V goes, I do believe GTA 4 took a decent amount of bloom off the GTA franchise.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Rockstar Games, Action
9.35 0.41 9.39 19.15
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (XB)
Rockstar Games, Action
1.29 0.00 0.69 1.98
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PC)
Rockstar Games, Action
0.00 0.00 0.94 0.94

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Wait, what's all that... color doing there?

Nah, seriously, some shots do make me think The Sims 4, but this looks awesome. Love the direction they're going and all the out of town takes.

Btw, how can the voting average be only 7.6?

ohh a city in america how imaginative!

man really i will buy and love this game but always the same culture gets me on my nerves. always the same kind of buildings. why are they so scared to give us rio, hongkong or something like that? wouldn't you guys buy it if it's not in your country? don't you wish to see other cultures? i love to travel was in like 35 countries and i love the different kinds of buildings, people, weather, plants...

trailer is awesome btw!

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
man very impressive but like vgc i don't give 10's. so a 9 it is.

30m ww ltd. 4-5m opening wk.

That's rather impossible seeing as they haven't even sold one copy lifetime to date (LTD)

you know what i ment. your just trying to be funny but i don't laugh. its a weakness humans have. so h ha ha to you lol.

Yeah I do know what you meant :P (i'm going to use mint next time lol)

I'm just bored and that usually leads to me being a bit of an ass

no nott an ass. well maybe a funny ass lol. did you get the joke in the bold? vgc even with the console wars has gotten alittle boring, but i'm ok with it as long as the fanboys stay in bed lol.

Lol yeah I got the jok :P

Ok call me crazy or wishful thinking, but i swear the guy at 0:40 looks a hell of a lot like an older Tommy Vercetti.

I'm wondering if this is about Tommy moving from Vice City to L.A to be a good guy for once. The voice even sounds like him...although im sure its not Ray Liotta.The charactor says he came to L.A to retire, Tommy was in his 30's in the 80's that would put him in his 60's now days, just the right age to retire.

Some of those beaches they show look like Vice City too. The more i watch it the more i see it.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Marks said:
5/10 - It was a cool ass trailer but no release date!!! All I wanted was a month, hell even a season.

Guess we'll have to wait for E3

I wouldn't bet on E3, R* are cool and alternative

For GTA IV, the game was announced, then a trailer came 3 months later, then another one came 3 months after that... So I would expect something early next year, though I am hoping for confirmation that it is PS360...

glimmer_of_hope said:

Ok call me crazy or wishful thinking, but i swear the guy at 0:40 looks a hell of a lot like an older Tommy Vercetti.

I'm wondering if this is about Tommy moving from Vice City to L.A to be a good guy for once. The voice even sounds like him...although im sure its not Ray Liotta.The charactor says he came to L.A to retire, Tommy was in his 30's in the 80's that would put him in his 60's now days, just the right age to retire.

Some of those beaches they show look like Vice City too. The more i watch it the more i see it.

Ive seen alot of people speculate its Tommy vercetti today, even IGN said it. The dude would be 61 in 2012, way too old, thats Solid Snake in MGS4 old.

glimmer_of_hope said:

I was thinking the same thing, but it might just be wishful thinking.  60 is kind of old to be running around committing crimes, and the guy in the video looked younger than that. 

However I was also thinking that maybe this is the main character of GTA3 (Claude, the silent guy).  We know pretty much nothing about him, but if we assume he is in his late 20's (lets guess 28) when GTA3 happens in 2000, and we guess that GTA5 takes place slightly in the future (lets say 2015) that would make Claude 43 at this time.  The guy in the video could be 43-ish.

I just made a lot of assumptions, but I'm really excited about this game and until actual news comes out I'm going to speculate away!

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League