By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official GTAV Thread - New Info, only set in Los Santos

What would you rate the Trailer out of 10 (not available at the time of writing)

10/10 22 27.50%

9/10 15 18.75%

8/10 17 21.25%

7/10 10 12.50%

6/10 5 6.25%

5/10 3 3.75%

4/10 1 1.25%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 1 1.25%

1/10 6 7.50%

Total:80

If its GTAV isnt this like a do over same as GTAIV was? i doubt Vercetti or Claude even exist in GTAVs world.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Marks said:
5/10 - It was a cool ass trailer but no release date!!! All I wanted was a month, hell even a season.

Guess we'll have to wait for E3

I wouldn't bet on E3, R* are cool and alternative

For GTA IV, the game was announced, then a trailer came 3 months later, then another one came 3 months after that... So I would expect something early next year, though I am hoping for confirmation that it is PS360...

hah it better be PS360 cause I just sold my PS3 a couple weeks ago! Don't see why it would be exclusive to either system. 

But yeah I'm hoping April-May, that seems quick just 6-7 months after the first reveal trailer, but as you said it is R* and they like to be cool and alternative

Theyd lose too much money just being exlusive.

No way it'll be exclusive, even a timed exclusivity will seriously cost them some sales.

In terms of GTA IV 360 version sold more than PS3, and even then PS3 has sold a considerable amount of copies that is hard to ignore.

Only DLC can have timed exclusivity, other than that it's a multiplatform, pretty much guaranteed.

To me personally that trailer reminded of GTA IV which I was totally disappointed with, not hyped at all, hopefully more trailers coming out with a lot more fun stuff feature, because that was just got a "meh" from me.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

The_Joker_Product said:
Theyd lose too much money just being exlusive.

Agreed.

Around the Network

Heres some new info

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

So no LaS Venturas this time around or San Fierro but it should be bigger than GTAIV.

NotStan said:
No way it'll be exclusive, even a timed exclusivity will seriously cost them some sales.

In terms of GTA IV 360 version sold more than PS3, and even then PS3 has sold a considerable amount of copies that is hard to ignore.

Only DLC can have timed exclusivity, other than that it's a multiplatform, pretty much guaranteed.

To me personally that trailer reminded of GTA IV which I was totally disappointed with, not hyped at all, hopefully more trailers coming out with a lot more fun stuff feature, because that was just got a "meh" from me.

GTAV will probably sell more on PS3 this time around. Theres only a 880,000 gap between the two versions and the PS3 was behind the Xboxs sales back when GTAIV came out.

The_Joker_Product said:
NotStan said:

GTAV will probably sell more on PS3 this time around. Theres only a 880,000 gap between the two versions and the PS3 was behind the Xboxs sales back when GTAIV came out.

Now compare San andreas on the original xbox and PS2, the point still stands whereas San Andreas wouldn't have had as big of an impact if it was a PS2 exclusive, had IV been PS3 exclusive they would have missed out on more than half the sales, although the versions will probably be closer together now that the gap is smaller, the 360 version is still too big to ignore. Many a fanboys wet dreams will be crushed when V will not be an exclusive to either platform.

It's funny that you decide to point that out when I just used that as an example that the versions are so close together it wouldn't make any business sense to make the game exclusive to either platforms.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
The_Joker_Product said:
NotStan said:

Now compare San andreas on the original xbox and PS2, the point still stands whereas San Andreas wouldn't have had as big of an impact if it was a PS2 exclusive, had IV been PS3 exclusive they would have missed out on more than half the sales, although the versions will probably be closer together now that the gap is smaller, the 360 version is still too big to ignore. Many a fanboys wet dreams will be crushed when V will not be an exclusive to either platform.

It's funny that you decide to point that out when I just used that as an example that the versions are so close together it wouldn't make any business sense to make the game exclusive to either platforms.

Yeah i wasnt implying the game would be exlusive to any console in the slightest. GTAV will come out on PS3 and Xbox at the same time and in the long run the PS3 version will sell more.