By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GOTY Skyrim - IT'S HERE

I don't want to be pessimistic but I somewhat doubt Skyrim will get better review scores than Dark Souls...
Especially if melee combat remains the same as in old Elder Scrolls...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

the FPS attack with a sword looks weird to me.

Maybe launching on 11/11/11 wasn't so clever, everything and its dog is launching that day. And not just games.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Maybe launching on 11/11/11 wasn't so clever, everything and its dog is launching that day. And not just games.

and half of mankind is probably marrying or attending marriages

Lafiel said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

and half of mankind is probably marrying or attending marriages

Good observation, I didn't even think about it, although I should, after seeing how many things were announced for that date.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
lordmandeep said:
What is good and bad about Oblivion, I am thinking of trading in 2 games for it and buying it used for cheap.
I like epic RPG's, but more of the FF type.

Good

massive open world 

Player agency (do what you want when you want)

emergent experiances

Bad

borderline broken leveling

enemy scaling is screwed up

generic setting compaired to early games in the series

poor plot

ugly NPCs

"floaty" combat with poor feedback for melee

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

And I have the game =D! Like all of the Benelux has is it by now =p. So far loving it!

Kirb! it's already out in the Netherlands.. check your local Media Markt! saw it there..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

This is unfair, you guys getting it TWO days beforehand!

For me more than 48 hours til I can purchase and play.

I am blown away...... I am taking a rest because I am afraid my heart can't take all the excitement on the other end the game is worth dying for.