By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GOTY Skyrim - IT'S HERE

lordmandeep said:
the FPS attack with a sword looks weird to me.

Just attack in 3rd person

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

did the golden claw quest and received my first power returned to the village and I'm making armour and weapons with for local blacksmith .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Just finished Rage. Bought Skyrim earlier today. Installing now :)

FaRmLaNd said:
Checked steam this morning and it had a peak of 223,174 players. Thats a lot higher then I thought it'd be.

I'll be buying this soon, Just gotta finish Rage first.

Wow, that's an amazing number for just one day on PC!

Slimebeast said:
FaRmLaNd said:
Checked steam this morning and it had a peak of 223,174 players. Thats a lot higher then I thought it'd be.

You'll be happy to see thats its doing even better on steam today. 274,410 :)

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Slimebeast said:
FaRmLaNd said:

And that is quite amazing. When TF2 went Free to Play, it "only" had peaks of 120,000. Even if you combine all the Modern Warfares on PC, I don't think they have ever had a combined peak of over 150,000.

I've never seen any game have a peak of over 250,000 before.

Played six hours since last night. It might just be the best rpg ever made. And the cool thing is that Skyrim just saved me a lot of money. Since I'll be playing this all winter long, I won't be tempted to buy other games.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

FaRmLaNd said:
Slimebeast said:
FaRmLaNd said:

That are crazy good numbers! Despite many PC gamers complaining about consolification and dumbing down they still crave Elder Scrolls enough to buy (and apparently also play) the game.

pots555 said:
Played six hours since last night. It might just be the best rpg ever made. And the cool thing is that Skyrim just saved me a lot of money. Since I'll be playing this all winter long, I won't be tempted to buy other games.

Yes the value is crazy. I almost feel sorry that I am forced to completely ignore so many other games now. I was planning to get BF3 and play it online fora  couple of hundred hours when it was new and I had a chance to stay competitive but that's now simply impossible. I just had to quit Dark Souls on Thursday even though I wanted to Platinum it. Assassin's Creed Revelations will have to wait until long into next year and so will my huge back logue of games.

So far I prefer it to Oblivion.

The Nordic style setting is awesome and done really well. The level scaling shit from Oblivion so far doesn't seem as bad. Duel casting is an awesome edition and bar a few crashes the game seems (so far at least) to be less buggy then many of Bethesda's previous titles.

The interface is a little clunky and the map a bit too zoomed in for my taste, but there'll soon be mods that fix that (anyone know of any?)

Checked steam again this morning and the peak was even higher at 287,411 players. I hope it can make it to 300k players. But looking at this the PC sales are really really strong. With consoles sales added on top this should easily be the best selling Elder Scrolls game.