By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: 63% of PS3 Owners Will buy a Vita

Tagged games:

Will YOU buy a Vita in the first 18 months?

Yes 32 41.03%

Maybe 14 17.95%

Nope im shit 32 41.03%

Total:78

maybe it will have something like the rrod without warranty? this would sell many more haha.

hey op, can you add a poll for ps3 owners? like "will you buy a vita within 18 months" or so.

Around the Network

"Director of Hardware Marketing"

Guys, this survey looks totally legit.

Seriously, the survey was probably done. Probably even on a large enough sample. That doesn't help if you phrase your questions so as in order to lump the wast majority of respondents into "Pre-ordered or planning to buy".

Lifetime, or at least 4 years? Yes.

18 months? No.

Sure, I will get a Vita within 18 months after release. Maybe there will be a pricecut.

It's worse than it looks thanks...

The original article in AllThingsD actually says:

"Of the current PlayStation Portable owners, 60 percent have said they will upgrade in the next 18 months, and of the console owners, 63 percent said they would buy one."

So that's 60% of PSP owners to upgrade within the first 18 months

and 63% of PS3 owners said they would buy one (not necessarily within the first 18 months)

So that'll be 42m sales in the first 18 months.

Around the Network

Sony putting high expectations on consumers again...

... and consumers will likely fail Sony yet again.

When will Sony ever learn?

NotStan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
ummm ok? its possible! every PS3, PC, 360,and PSP owner i know is getting 1. some on launch day and preordered already.

wait! isn't that very close to 60m untis?

6 billion first week confirmed.

lol

I'm willing to bet that this survey is heavily flawed ... Probably a survey done in a sample that represents the most dedicated Playstation fans. When you combine the sample error with their result you would (probably) get something like 63% of the most dedicated 25% of PS3 owners plan to buy a PS-Vita in the first 18 months, which translates into 15.75% of the current userbase or 8.5 million units.

Munkeh111 said:
Well I'm getting one.... But if that would mean that they expect around 30-40m sold in the first 18 months if 60% of PS3 users are going to get one in those first 18 months, but I assume I have misunderstood, as that just sounds silly

the missing link is that answering a survey with "plan to buy" doesn't equate to actually paying $250 at launch.   I "plan to buy" but i'm going to hold out a couple a months just to make sure the thing doesn't flop in which can my "plan to buy" becomes a "do not buy".

.. so i'll just make a guess: 63% of those who "plan to buy" in the first 18 months will not buy in the first 18 months...

rich people.