By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: 63% of PS3 Owners Will buy a Vita

Tagged games:

Will YOU buy a Vita in the first 18 months?

Yes 32 41.03%

Maybe 14 17.95%

Nope im shit 32 41.03%

Total:78

Soriku is planning to buy a PS3 from 2007 he still did not got one...(Just saying plan to buy =/= will buy one for sure).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well I'm getting one.... But if that would mean that they expect around 30-40m sold in the first 18 months if 60% of PS3 users are going to get one in those first 18 months, but I assume I have misunderstood, as that just sounds silly

Yes, you misunderstood, because 60 % of PSP will also upgrade and while there is some overlap, not every PS3 owner is a PSP owner. So reasonable expectations for PS Vita's sales in the first 18 months are around 60 million units.

I was just taking the lowest estimate....

So at the moment I'm in the minority, but I might get a PSV later in the generation

LOL it will sell better than PS2 and Wii combined, the two fastest selling consoles ever? Maybe they where referring to japan, in that case it's not impossible, but WW is ridiculous.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Zlejedi said:
Even if i'm a part of that 63% i doubt it will be that high.
In Japan maybe true but in west hard to belive as our public transport doesn't support handheld gaming so much.

I bet they survayed a Sony fan club or something, I mean this is worse than the 71% of gamers "wanted" 3D games thing when the Nielsen study actually said that 42% of gamers were "interested" in playing games in 3D and the 71% was actually "hardcore, regular gamers" and that was people "interested in 3D video games" so just curious people.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I remember when I used to be a proud Sony supporter. Now I just cover my eyes and walk away ... especially when Sony says shit like this.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Imthelegend said:

Well I must be in the 37% then. Already got my 3DS and am happy with it.

same here

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

i think itmust be japan only.. and even then thats a VERY high number they are trying to spin

Noooooo!!! I say 52%!!

I'm getting one :D, Don'r want to miss out on the best handheld ever made.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!