By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: The 3DS Drought is Over (So Stop Complaining)

padib said:
Araknie said:
brendude13 said:
Araknie said:
brendude13 said:
Araknie said:

Software = Games.

Software = User Interface, features, online play, friends system, online browser.

Rarely do I ever call games software.

You can't modify a definition already given by developers. *facepalm*

soft·ware/ˈsôftˌwe(ə)r/

Noun:
The programs and other operating information used by a computer.

I'm not modifying any definition. Just because you misinterpreted my comment doesn't give you the right to belittle me and cause an argument.

I said by developers so i mean the definition in gaming, not in dictionary, it's a gaming thread. XD

Either way games are read and understood by a computer (the console's motherboard and components). Normally when you mean "User Interface, features, online play, friends system, online browser."  You call that the operating system or the system software. Games are software, just a different category of it ;). That why they call it HW, SW totals on VG chartz.

Ok, but you don't see my point so i'll stop it here. Surrender...

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network
padib said:
Araknie said:
brendude13 said:

soft·ware/ˈsôftˌwe(ə)r/

Noun:
The programs and other operating information used by a computer.

I'm not modifying any definition. Just because you misinterpreted my comment doesn't give you the right to belittle me and cause an argument.

I said by developers so i mean the definition in gaming, not in dictionary, it's a gaming thread. XD

Either way games are read and understood by a computer (the console's motherboard and components). Normally when you mean "User Interface, features, online play, friends system, online browser."  You call that the operating system or the system software. Games are software, just a different category of it ;). That why they call it HW, SW totals on VG chartz.

I know what you mean, I was acknowledging games as "software". In my original comment, I talked about the 3DS's games and then I started talking about the system itself which is where I referred to the "software", I thought I had made myself clear.

It's just after I told him he had misinterpreted my comment he just tried to make an argument out of it and added unnecessary "facepalm's".

Sorry Ign, but there are still only 3 games I want for 3DS, and that's not going to cut it. Zelda OOT, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7. The first game is a port, so I could already play it on N64 if I really wanted to anyway, and I'm not even that sure about Mario 3D Land, which looks like a pretty sloppy attempt to blend Mario Galaxy with NSMB. So I'll be waiting a least another year or two for some more games, and possible price drop and redesign  which I am still convinced is on its way in the not so distant future. In terms of games, the announcement of Monster Hunter is a good start though.

padib said:
brendude13 said:

I know what you mean, I was acknowledging games as "software". In my original comment, I talked about the 3DS's games and then I started talking about the system itself which is where I referred to the "software", I thought I had made myself clear.

It's just after I told him he had misinterpreted my comment he just tried to make an argument out of it and added unnecessary "facepalm's".

:D Haha, sounds like a big train wreck. he said one thing, she said another thing and we all ran into each other ;)

Now would be a good time for baloo bear:

You are right, I don't even know why I bothered, guess he ticked me off.

I'm going to dance like a bear now.

People are perverting the definition of a "drought" to the point of stupidity. I find it very hard to accept that a system that has been out for less than a year can experience a drought unless there was literally no software released after launch, and anyone claiming that lives in a house of lies. What I'm a seeing are a lot of instances of "I don't like those games and that one game over there is a port therefore, drought!" in which case you should probably stop talking.

Even if a drought was true, we are on the verge of months of high and mid profile releases for the 3DS, so it makes little sense to spend so much energy screaming about something that didn't, and won't be happening anytime soon.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"