By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Top Movies of the 80's elimination thread! Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard tied for first place! Sudden death?

+ Aliens
-E.T.

and i agree with badegnome about Tango & Cash, now i had to vote E.T. off!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

+Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a God? 
Ray: No. 
Gozer: Then... DIE!
(attacks them) 
Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

EPIC!

-Cocoon

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

+ Rain Man
- E.T

Although you missed off my favorite movie of the 80's which was The Shining, which would get my + vote instead if u added it.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

My fave movie era (the 80's were just superb in terms of movies, horror and action films were at their peak for me)

Theres a lot of my fave 80's films missing from the list.

However, of those on the list i will go with.............

+ Rocky IV
- Honey, i shrunk the kids

God how can anyone vote for Rocky IV, when you can vote for the only half-decent Rocky III?

+ Police Academy
- Rocky IV

Around the Network

+Back to the Future
-Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

JEMC said:

+Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a God? 
Ray: No. 
Gozer: Then... DIE!
(attacks them) 
Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

EPIC!

-Cocoon

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

enrageorange said:
+aliens
-Back to the Future

>

Is there an option on VGC to add someone to your enemy's list?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

+das boot
-footloose

+ The abyss
- Ghostbusters