By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Top Movies of the 80's elimination thread! Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard tied for first place! Sudden death?

enrageorange said:
+aliens
-Back to the Future

>

Is there an option on VGC to add someone to your enemy's list?



Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Also Glory (1989) should be on the list on of the best war movies of the 80's and best civil war movie in my opinion.


Lol! Jesus ! I could do a whole other one off all the extra movies. The 80's was a big decade for movies, hard to get them all in there. Sorry. Had to have different genres for everyone.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Joelcool7 said:

StarWars:EmpireStrikesBack! Best movie of the eighties. The next best film would have to be Indiana Jones:Raiders Of The Lost Ark. With Die Hard rounding up my top three!

StarWars:EmpireStrikesBack, by far the best movie to come out during the 80's. I mean it was the best StarWars film in the origional trilogy in my opinion it had everything. I absolutely adored the film and of course it showed that a sequel to StarWars could work and that the franchise had potential. The special effects were amazing for the time and the plot was so deep it would make a grown man cry for joy.

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the lost Ark, the second greatest film of the eighties. It was the newest franchise from Goerge Lucas and proved that the genious was capable of creating yet another nearly perfect movie trilogy. It also showed Speilbergs ability to become one if not the greatest film director to have lived. Harrison Ford was brilliant and the film made your jaw drop. Special effects were awesome and the films plot was edgy and largely origional.

Die Hard, yah its not the cinematic master peice that StarWars:ESB was and it isn't as good as Indiana Jones another cinematic master peice. But it is still an instant classic and by far the best action film to grace the screens in the 80's if your not counting Indy or sci-fi films.

In the end I would have to say between the late 70's and early 90's Goerge Lucas was involved with the best movies to come out. Indiana Jones and StarWars were two of the best film franchises to come out in the late 20th century and arguably all time. Speilberge also started to rule the screens starting around the 80's and together they have made the best film franchises and films themselves to grace screens

Dammit Joelcool7 this is a voting thread not your doctorate thesis speech. :P



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

+das boot
-footloose



Johann said:
enrageorange said:
+aliens
-Back to the Future

>

Is there an option on VGC to add someone to your enemy's list?


It seems to be safe though, thankfully! But Honey I shrunk, dirty dancing, and E.T are on the chopping block already!

 

+Aliens

-Foot loose



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

+ The abyss
- Ghostbusters



Porcupine_I said:
JEMC said:

+Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a God? 
Ray: No. 
Gozer: Then... DIE!
(attacks them) 
Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

EPIC!

-Cocoon

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

+Police Academy (but only this one, or maybe even the 2nd)

- The color purple



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Porcupine_I said:
JEMC said:

+Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a God? 
Ray: No. 
Gozer: Then... DIE!
(attacks them) 
Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

EPIC!

-Cocoon

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

+Police Academy (but only this one, or maybe even the 2nd)

- The color purple

So you dislike the color purple? Or you just dislike the movie The Color Purple? :)

I enjoyed the first 4 I think, but other than the first two I would not watch the others again.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
JEMC said:
Porcupine_I said:
JEMC said:

+Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a God? 
Ray: No. 
Gozer: Then... DIE!
(attacks them) 
Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

EPIC!

-Cocoon

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

+Police Academy (but only this one, or maybe even the 2nd)

- The color purple

So you dislike the color purple? Or you just dislike the movie The Color Purple? :)

I enjoyed the first 4 I think, but other than the first two I would not watch the others again.

The movie of course, too much drama for my taste.

And yes, the Police Academy movies went downhill fast. Did you see the last one they made? That was  



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
spurgeonryan said:
JEMC said:
Porcupine_I said:
JEMC said:

+Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a God? 
Ray: No. 
Gozer: Then... DIE!
(attacks them) 
Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

EPIC!

-Cocoon

Dr. Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

+Police Academy (but only this one, or maybe even the 2nd)

- The color purple

So you dislike the color purple? Or you just dislike the movie The Color Purple? :)

I enjoyed the first 4 I think, but other than the first two I would not watch the others again.

The movie of course, too much drama for my taste.

And yes, the Police Academy movies went downhill fast. Did you see the last one they made? That was  


I bought the entire bootleg series while in another country, so yes the last one was terrible, I think there was a tv series as well that I have.!!!!!

What is the code for that emotioncon? Never mind looks like you imported it from somewhere from what the post code says.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter