By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft - 1981 to 2011 gaming division profits chart

Not sure how accurate this chart is, but it is interesting. Enjoy :D

Around the Network

So, 2012 will be in red for Nintendo. Hopes it will be the only one. Anyway, desperate Nintendo could end with some great games instead of eternal droughs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wow if true! I find it hard to believe that Ninty was never in the red during the 64 or Gamecube eras. But if so then kudos.

maximus22 said:
Wow if true! I find it hard to believe that Ninty was never in the red during the 64 or Gamecube eras. But if so then kudos.

They had Pokemon and the Gameboy for support back then. Don't you remember how massive Pokemon was?

rrod wasn't very cheap it seems^^

Around the Network
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
maximus22 said:

They had Pokemon and the Gameboy for support back then. Don't you remember how massive Pokemon was?

I do and it still is.  Taking GB into account it makes sense i guess.

this table is buried somewhere in the threads. Ive used it before for uni coursework.

maximus22 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
maximus22 said:

I do and it still is.  Taking GB into account it makes sense i guess.

i think they got a huge bunch for every sold n64 game as well. the n64 wasn't very successful but i think they got enough for every game to live with that. i remeber a lot of magazines were talking about that and that other companies weren't very happy about that.

Wow @ Nintendo in 2009.

PS3 will never recoup its losses it seems.

X360 should end with some profits, but as a whole MS has lost tons of money since it launched the original Xbox.

Nintendo's streak is about to end, but it's sitting on billions, so they should be able to come out of it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.