By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If motion controls went away, would you miss them?

Tagged games:

Would you miss motions controls?

Yes, I think they have re... 14 20.90%

Yes, they can make a good... 20 29.85%

I don't know. 2 2.99%

No, they haven't really ... 10 14.93%

No, they haven't helped ... 21 31.34%

Total:67

I would be disappointed. I feel as if there is so much wasted potential in motion controls. I'm kinda sad they wont be considered the standard next gen as it provides developers less incentive to utilize them.

Around the Network

I love the Wii to death and am absolutely amazed on how much the motion controls made such fun and unique experiences that I could share with more people.

That said, gaming is gaming and ultimately if Nintendo didn't go away, the departure of motion gaming wouldn't phase me all that much.

I'd miss them.
A lot of really excellent games wouldn't be as awesome without them; Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor...
They allow a kind of connection to your character that traditional controls can't accomplish, as well as superior aiming compared to dual analogue.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Not currently, but anything that gets peoples asses moving cannot really be considered bad. I do enjoy the occasional dance game even if I never want to own one. It will never take over because it is our nature to be lazy and conserve energy. It is simple biology really, but I wont go on.

I definitely would miss them, but not as much as I would've have though I would have 4 or 5 years ago

Around the Network

Yes I would. For certain genres it's simply better than DA control, yet people only ever seem to focus on those where they aren't as reasons for them to be done away with.

VGChartz

I don't want to play a dual analog shooter ever again.

Try playing GoldenEye Wii with both the Classic Controller and the Wii Remote and it's easy to see which is quicker and more accurate.

Now if there were more good FPS using motion controls they'd be on to something..

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
I don't want to play a dual analog shooter ever again.

Try playing GoldenEye Wii with both the Classic Controller and the Wii Remote and it's easy to see which is quicker and more accurate.

Now if there were more good FPS using motion controls they'd be on to something..

What's the point of using slightly less retarded control system for shooters when you have absolutly superior solution in keyboard + mouse available?

I'll be very glad when motion controls go and die. At least the danger next gen using them as default have been avoided with Wii fall from grace and Move flop.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

no never liked them as they were never done right at least make them work properly!

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

I wouldn't have returned to console gaming if it wasn't for motion controls. So I'd miss them and disapear for another decade.

We still need to see more gyro motion controls.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"