By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If motion controls went away, would you miss them?

Tagged games:

Would you miss motions controls?

Yes, I think they have re... 14 20.90%

Yes, they can make a good... 20 29.85%

I don't know. 2 2.99%

No, they haven't really ... 10 14.93%

No, they haven't helped ... 21 31.34%

Total:67

I wouldnt miss them.

I tried to get into the PS Move and Wii Motion and couldnt do it. I even bought the Sharpshooter thinking it would help. But nothing, found it difficult to enjoy the game while using them

Around the Network

I'd miss them for some games, no difference in others

A lot of unique motions games that could never be done, or wouldn't be as fun without moition

I just wished it never happened, all those devs making motion control games while 98% of them were flops or harldy add something new to the experience.

Xen said:
Since the only thing that could use them, sword fighting, is barely even there, no :P

Assuming you mean realistic 1-to-1 motion controlled sword fighting, I think it's impossible with current tech. You'll need motion controls with force feedback to make it work.

Narishma said:
Xen said:
Since the only thing that could use them, sword fighting, is barely even there, no :P

Assuming you mean realistic 1-to-1 motion controlled sword fighting, I think it's impossible with current tech. You'll need motion controls with force feedback to make it work.

That's exactly what I mean. However, I didn't think of FF initially, but now that I do, it's hard to imagine a game w/o it.

Around the Network

i don't think i would want to play Zelda with traditional controls but Mario doesn't really need it. i want a mix of both! and we will get that with WiiU

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Yes. Dual Analogue always felt incredibly awkward to me, and i would rather never have to tangle with that again, opting to use my Wiimote on Wii U where the option is available

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

^^omg I forgot about dual analog shooters = yuck!

Wiimote is SOO much faster and more precise, I hate going back to DA sticks when playing games with shooting on other consoles :(

You guys know what I'm talking about?

I wouldn't really miss them...but that's because I've never really played them so I don't know what I'm missing most likely.

HELL NOO!