looks like my pre-order is canceled.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Didn't From Software develop Skyward Sword!?
Shocking!!

Games on the whole are getting easier and easier. Remember how Prince of Persia turned into a game that you just press the A button at the right time to win?

I just hope that this Zelda doen't have the dreaded strategy guide. I actually think that people using their minds to figure out puzzles is a good idea.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:
It was obvious that SS would be much easier than Ocarina of Time because all new games are way easier and adapted to the modern casual gamer. Plus it has motion controls, all motion controlled games are much easier because the tech is less accurate and thus has to be more forgiving.

Hush, my love. Hush.

Sssshhhhh.

You have used up my good will, and when I own your avatar it will be a horrible thing.

You are a hardcore Zelda lover but I thought u were leaning towards the Rol type in that you prefer the harder Zelda games. I think you played Mass Effect on the hardest difficulty so you clearly appreciate hard games. I am right yes? So you partly agree with what I said.

Anyways, can you provide evidence that we made a bet where I said that Zelda wouldnt get a 2011 release?
(I honestly don't remember)

Mass Effect on Insanity is not as hard as Mass Effect 2 on Insanity, and neither of those games approach Vanquish on Hard, which I can get through without dying (I have the cheevo to prove it), and which does not begin to approach the Challenge mode in that game, which is the hardest thing I've ever actually beaten in a video game. Challenge 6 in Vanquish alone is probably the most triumpant moment in my gaming history.

God. Yes. I appreciate challenging games. Hard games I can take or leave, but challenging games? The kind where skill will win through every time, where pattern recognition and strategy and quick reflexes will get you through any action sequence? That's one of the best thrills there is.

More on that in a moment.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3968915 Here is the post wherein we cemented what would happen if Zelda released in 2011.

No, I do not agree with you, not even a little. Your entire statement, "all motion controlled games are much easier because the tech is less accurate and thus has to be more forgiving" is a statement made in ignorance, the willful sort of ignorance which is meant to perpetuate itself and spread to others by the confidence with which you express it.

You have no idea whatsoever what motion controlled games are like, neither in terms of accuracy nor difficulty. One report places Skyward Sword as easier than Twilight Princess - specifically not easy, but easier than TP. Every other report cites it as the hardest Zelda since the early 90s. You latch onto this one quote because it lets you take the piss out of a game you have no intention of playing, at least partially because you enjoy the reactions you get out of people when you say that sort of thing. If it's meant in earnest then ignorance has  perpetuated itself and we're all in trouble, because you've managed to convince yourself of a falsehood.

I'm not going to stand for that kind of dishonesty. It riles me up in a way few things do.

It riles me up so much that I'm going to offer you a way out of the bet.

Here's what I offer.

Scenario: As of December 31st, 2011, Zelda: Skyward Sword will beat out the mean average score of all three versions of Skyrim on gamerankings (chosen over metacritic in order to gain a more accurate mean average).

Stakes: Double or nothing. If Skyrim scores higher than Skyward Sword, I don't get control of your avatar. If Skyward Sword scores higher than Skyrim, I get to pick a new avatar for you for six months.

You're fairly convinced - or pretend to be - of the inherent superiority of Skyrim over Skyward Sword, up to and including Metacritic and GOTY awards. So that's what I offer. Get your way out from under having a bad avatar, or else get one that will stand as testament to the shame of insisting on the veracity of a falsehood.

What do you say?

Maybe some part inside me wanted to provoke when I wrote the first post but I firmly believed what I said about motion controls. You seem very convinced that it isnt so. I may be ignorant then because from my own experience motion control games are tweaked to be more forgiving. I admit i have some but limited experience with both Wii, Move and Kenect.

About Zelda the motion controls are the big reason why I probably won't get it but just the other day I was contemplating on getting a Wii for it (i think I wrote a post about too). I loved Ocarina of Time and I can cope with the painting style art design, but I am afraid I won't enjoy it because of my bad experience with motion controls.

Can people here give some inputs on this motion controls accuracy/forgiving issue? Aren't they more forgiving in your opinion? (please give other examples than Donky Kong for hard games)

Also I am sad to announce that I can't take your bet on Zelda versus Skyrim. I believe Zelda has a high chance of getting a 95% and that is the maximum what Skyrim can theoretically get (I do personally predict Skyrim will get 94%). Similarscores  on Gamerankings of course.