By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword is easier than Ocarina Of Time

RolStoppable said:

As a general rule, Slimebeast shall never get reported for posting on something concerning Nintendo. Besides, a minor fix here or there makes his post more truthful, so nothing to get worked up about.

On topic: This dampens my enthusiasm for the game, because the entire upgrade system could be nothing more than filler to make the game longer. Although there was word of a second run before, maybe that one features higher difficulty and makes sidequests more worthwile.

You know what'll happen. The difficulty of the second run will be slim but noticeable, but it won't change anything because Nintendo won't take into consideration that you just finished the game and you now know what to expect. In the end it'll just be easier than the first playthrough. I hope I'm wrong though.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
It was obvious that SS would be much easier than Ocarina of Time because all new games are way easier and adapted to the modern casual gamer. Plus it has motion controls, all motion controlled games are much easier because the tech is less accurate and thus has to be more forgiving.

Hush, my love. Hush.

Sssshhhhh.

You have used up my good will, and when I own your avatar it will be a horrible thing.

killeryoshis said:
It needs to be hard combat wise not puzzle wise. If its hard puzzle wise it will have no re-playability. So I'm hoping for a combat game since you know that's was the whole point of motion plus

To each there own, but I'm more into puzzles and exploration, the combat is merely a distraction to me. Usually the combat itself is part puzzle in Zelda, especially the boss battles. Zack & Wiki style use of the wii mote would be fun.

Difficulty levels for combat please. And a hint system you can prompt yourself or ignore, or no hints at all. There is always the internet anyway. Better then telling you what to do after 10 seconds like a lot of games nowadays.

RolStoppable said:
Level1Death said:

You know what'll happen. The difficulty of the second run will be slim but noticeable, but it won't change anything because Nintendo won't take into consideration that you just finished the game and you now know what to expect. In the end it'll just be easier than the first playthrough. I hope I'm wrong though.

Or maybe they throw the entire upgrade system out of the window like in Metroid: Other M's hard mode. Wouldn't that be awesome?

No, it wouldn't be.

But maybe we are lucky and Nintendo actually implemented something like an actual hard mode where you not only take more damage and deal less to enemies, but all bad guys have learned a few new tricks and act and react faster.

Luck. That's what Nintendo likes to have its fans lean on.

All this talk about a second playthrough with higher difficulty sounds like it's been confirmed. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
All this talk about a second playthrough with higher difficulty sounds like it's been confirmed. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been.

They were just saying it was a rumored feature, Level1Death just cut that part of the quote tree out

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

They were just saying it was a rumored feature, Level1Death just cut that part of the quote tree out

Now we kind of know that Miyamoto confirmed a second quest.

We just don't know that it will be any harder.

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Now we kind of know that Miyamoto confirmed a second quest.

We just don't know that it will be any harder.

Like Wind Waker with the Deluxe Picto Box and the Pajamas?

Riiiight

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:
It was obvious that SS would be much easier than Ocarina of Time because all new games are way easier and adapted to the modern casual gamer. Plus it has motion controls, all motion controlled games are much easier because the tech is less accurate and thus has to be more forgiving.

Hush, my love. Hush.

Sssshhhhh.

You have used up my good will, and when I own your avatar it will be a horrible thing.

You are a hardcore Zelda lover but I thought u were leaning towards the Rol type in that you prefer the harder Zelda games. I think you played Mass Effect on the hardest difficulty so you clearly appreciate hard games. I am right yes? So you partly agree with what I said.

Anyways, can you provide evidence that we made a bet where I said that Zelda wouldnt get a 2011 release?
(I honestly don't remember)

Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

Hush, my love. Hush.

Sssshhhhh.

You are a hardcore Zelda lover but I thought u were leaning towards the Rol type in that you prefer the harder Zelda games. I think you played Mass Effect on the hardest difficulty so you clearly appreciate hard games. I am right yes? So you partly agree with what I said.

Anyways, can you provide evidence that we made a bet where I said that Zelda wouldnt get a 2011 release?
(I honestly don't remember)

I'm just buzzing in to ask: Mass Effect (and Mass Effect 2 for that matter) were hard on Insanity? I found them to be quite simple to finish in that difficulty mode.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"