By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order chart 22nd Oct 2011

Amagad just noticed Halo 4. It's about a year or even more away and already climbing them ranks! Wtf!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
amaral_slb said:
Glad to have a top 50

I just feel bad for alot of those almost 2M people that pre ordered BF3. BF3 (console version) will be a great game for the fans of the franchise plus the guys that like that pace for shooters. But if I had to bet, a lot of those pre orders are from new guys to the franchise that have been caught in the hype this game has based (for the most part) on incredible PC videos, that will be disapointed because it will not be their type of shooter (IMO).

Those MW3 numbers are discusting for me as a gamer (I liked MW2, but MW2.5 2 years later?? no thanks).

Great numbers for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 360 plus Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As for my U3, I like those 50k numbers, next week 150k and first week +1M in NA (let´s goooooo)

Are you a fan of the Pokemon games? If you are then you shouldnd't be talking........

pezus said:
NotStan said:
Amagad just noticed Halo 4. It's about a year or even more away and already climbing them ranks! Wtf!

No surprise really, the same thing happened with Reach and Gears 3

Gears 3 ya, but not Reach. Reach didn't even break the top 20 till Febuary 6th, 2010 and even then it only had 31K. With Gears 3 it got early hype and had a original release date for April until it got delayed, so that was understandable. Gears 3 had 92k in early December. Halo 4 has 95k and it's only late October. Halo 4 is outpacing Gears 3 and doing much much better than Reach, so it was kinda unexpected for Halo 4 to be this high so fast.  

Good uncharted boost, Twisted metal doing well, and the top 50 is back.

A good week.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Wow I am loving the top 50!

Week Halo 3: ODST Halo: CEA Net Difference
11 -- 18,654/185,178 --
10 --  15,966/201,144 --
9 --  21,041/222,185 --
8 --  37,234/259,419 --
7 --  53,530/312,949 --
6 --  29,228/342,117 --
5 400,944/400,944* 29,462/371,639  -371,482*/-29,305
4 47,793/448,737  39,437/411,076  -8,356/-37,661
3 83,191/531,928    
2 110,957/642,885    
1 111,014/753,899    

Halo CEA continues to track under ODST :/  It may not even break 5 million lifetime if it keeps this up.

BTW for anyone who is interested Halo 4 (which doesn't come out for about 48 weeks) has more pre-orders than Halo Reach did at 23 weeks from launch.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Look at Skyrim!

Skyrim will have 1 million final preorders in NA on the Xbox 360 alone, and roughly 1.5 million combined. That could mean sales of 2.5 million first week worldwide and 8-9 million lifetime!!!

Skyrim is going to get Red Dead Redemption/Assassin's Creed level of sales and lift Elder Scrolls to the mega-franchise category.

Nah, you know RPGs have proportionately high pre orders

Blood_Tears said:
sales2099 said:
Still funny how Halo has more preorders then Uncharted, as well as Skyrim 360 still having more then COD PS3

yup it's still funny alright, it was so funny when you said it last week, it was even more funny the week before and it was hilarious when you said the same thing the week before that!  Seriously man, get some new material or go hang out at the amazon game forums if your gonna spit that crap again..

Well people keep telling me "bubu MW3 PS3 will pass it next week". And again. And again :P

And here we are. Still funny. If I didn't hit a nerve, you would have ignored my post :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Christian973 said:
So will this be the first Zelda to reach an Opening of 1 million+ FW?

Fingers crossed: check.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

pezus said:
NotStan said:

Roughly a year before launch gears 3 was at 40k and Reach was at less than 5k.

Seece said:
pezus said:
NotStan said:

Roughly a year before launch gears 3 was at 40k and Reach was at less than 5k.

This bodes well for Halo 4!