By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best place to pre-order games in the UK?

I'm not very familiar with pre-ordering games but there so many games I want to pre-order in the coming months.

Where is a good place to pre-order games, where they are normally cheap and they often come a day or two early?

Around the Network

Don't preorder off Amazon, they cock up on-day delivery about 80-90% of the time and there are dozens of people nerdraging on the forum sections.

Shopto.Net are decent and promise to deliver early/on the day.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Don't preorder off Amazon, they cock up on-day delivery about 80-90% of the time and there are dozens of people nerdraging on the forum sections.

Shopto.Net are decent and promise to deliver early/on the day.

I have heard a lot of good things about Shopto.Net, I might check them out.

@ spurgeonryan

Yes I can pre-order off Amazon and I have twice before, one arrived on the day because I chose express delivery and the other one arrived a day after it released. I'm not sure about pre-ordering off Amazon, I might as I already have an account.

I usually pre-order from either Amazon or HMV. Amazon has only cocked up once (Metroid Prime 2 in late 2004), where I had to wait another week for the game to arrive. HMV, although pricier, have never ever let me down. I have always received all the games/DVDs I have preordered with them at least 1 day before release.

Gamestop!

Around the Network

I would say the best place in my experience has been Play.com, the lastest a pre-order has ever arrived for me is on the day, after that Game has been pretty good although they recently screwed up Forza 4 LE for me and apprently about 2-3 thousand others by not ordering enough stock. In the end it came about a week late (for which there was no excuse, atleast on my part, because I pre-ordered it more than 5 months before release). HMV have let me down in the past with my one and only order from them, Supreme Commander 2 and Zavvi seem to have poor delivery times for both me and my brother. The one thing about Play that annoys me is that they dont have a loyalty scheme like many other places do... if they did there would really be no need for any other game shop/website.

HMV and Play are both decent enough and the game will get to you on the day pretty much every time.

I, however, much prefer Game and ShopTo. ShopTo is usually my favourite, because they tend to have the lowest prices.

I would say look at the pre-order bonuses, then the prices, and judge from that, but you will rarely go wrong with ShopTo.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
HMV and Play are both decent enough and the game will get to you on the day pretty much every time.

I, however, much prefer Game and ShopTo. ShopTo is usually my favourite, because they tend to have the lowest prices.

I would say look at the pre-order bonuses, then the prices, and judge from that, but you will rarely go wrong with ShopTo.

I think ShopTo is where I'n going to be pre-ordering or purchasing games in the future, just need to make an account first.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I would go with Game, their reward system is very good.

Shopto is very nice as I said before, also if you want to get the game yourself, then your best bet would probably be Gamestation, their Elite XP system is excellent and I've gotten a few pounds just trading stuff around, also if you trade in two games you get the store credit for them + £5 off a new purchase(I had that offer with Dark Souls), and also saw that same promo for the Arkham City. I think it's something new they've introduced.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.