By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

baggy said:
Wasn't expecting IGN to give it such a high score :)

But then again,who was?.

Around the Network
padib said:
Michael-5 said:

15 100% -39(most common score)

0 - 99% -1

2 98% -9

2 97% -3 - median

1 96% -9

7 95% - median -18

1 94% -2

3 93% -3

0 92% -3

0 91% -2

16 90% (most common score) -14

0 89% -1

3 80% -1

Basically those 80%'s hurt the game, and even though there are a lot of 100%'s, there are also a lot of 90%'s, and a good number of 95%. Score makes sense.

Compare this to uncharted 2 in bold. Keep in mind Uncharted 2 has twice as many reviews, so the number of x% should be double.

Uncharted 2 had a lot more scores at 100%, and the median is a full 2% higher. Ontop of that it only has 1 80% score

Guess Uncharted 2 made a bigger impact on gaming, where Uncharted 3 simply prefected Uncharted 2.

Those are interesting numbers Micheal-5. It's still a little early (the game hasn't come out yet), so let's wait until the game launches, when we've all played it, so we can more properly criticize IGN on its review. Nonetheless, it's clear to me that they state issues in the game yet fail to acknowledge them in the pointing scheme, whether due to a poorly made scheme, or due to bias. One way or another the score doesn't give a good representation of their review, and that's a bad thing. Between this and the Eurogamer one I prefer the Eurogamer one even if that one has its own issues. Other than that as you said GT seem to provide sensical numbers in line with their reviews.

Typically what happens is high reviews come in first, the other reviews come in and drop the metascore a bit. Uncharted 2 started life at 98% after all, and I've noticed this happening for many big franchise deputes like Gears of War, Forza, Halo, InFamous, Killzone, etc.

My arguement about UC3's score on IGN is that IGN has a stupid 20 point system now, and they are giving 10/10 out way too frequently/easily. Games are getting better, but we also expect more from games, scores should no be inflating like they have in the last 20 years, and IGN seems to be the worst.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I wish I could get this game on tuesday,but I's have to wait.

I have two things to say after reading this thread:

1. The Uncharted Multi-Player IS tacked on, and average, if you buy the game for that then you are crazy.

2. People on this site need to learn the difference between "Your" and "You're".

Christhor said:

1. The Uncharted Multi-Player IS tacked on, and average, if you buy the game for that then you are crazy.

2. People on this site need to learn the difference between "Your" and "You're".

There you go osama. Please stop forcing your opinion onto me. I'm not the only one to think Uncharted 3 MP is taked on.

I think (this is my opinion) people don't realize UC3 MP is taked on because those gamers are used to single player games, and unfamiliar with the world of Call of Duty, Killzone, Halo, and Gears. Among other franchises

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
padib said:
Michael-5 said:

15 100% -39(most common score)

0 - 99% -1

2 98% -9

2 97% -3 - median

1 96% -9

7 95% - median -18

1 94% -2

3 93% -3

0 92% -3

0 91% -2

16 90% (most common score) -14

0 89% -1

3 80% -1

Basically those 80%'s hurt the game, and even though there are a lot of 100%'s, there are also a lot of 90%'s, and a good number of 95%. Score makes sense.

Compare this to uncharted 2 in bold. Keep in mind Uncharted 2 has twice as many reviews, so the number of x% should be double.

Uncharted 2 had a lot more scores at 100%, and the median is a full 2% higher. Ontop of that it only has 1 80% score

Guess Uncharted 2 made a bigger impact on gaming, where Uncharted 3 simply prefected Uncharted 2.

Those are interesting numbers Micheal-5. It's still a little early (the game hasn't come out yet), so let's wait until the game launches, when we've all played it, so we can more properly criticize IGN on its review. Nonetheless, it's clear to me that they state issues in the game yet fail to acknowledge them in the pointing scheme, whether due to a poorly made scheme, or due to bias. One way or another the score doesn't give a good representation of their review, and that's a bad thing. Between this and the Eurogamer one I prefer the Eurogamer one even if that one has its own issues. Other than that as you said GT seem to provide sensical numbers in line with their reviews.

Typically what happens is high reviews come in first, the other reviews come in and drop the metascore a bit. Uncharted 2 started life at 98% after all, and I've noticed this happening for many big franchise deputes like Gears of War, Forza, Halo, InFamous, Killzone, etc.

My arguement about UC3's score on IGN is that IGN has a stupid 20 point system now, and they are giving 10/10 out way too frequently/easily. Games are getting better, but we also expect more from games, scores should no be inflating like they have in the last 20 years, and IGN seems to be the worst.

As I showed you earlier, they really aren't.

You showed me past gens, IGN gave a lot of games score between 9.5-9.8/10. You only supported my claim of IGN giving 10/10's out far too easily this gen, didn't show me anything.

Their old system was superrior.

Michael-5 said:
Christhor said:

There you go osama. Please stop forcing your opinion onto me. I'm not the only one to think Uncharted 3 MP is taked on.

I think (this is my opinion) people don't realize UC3 MP is taked on because those gamers are used to single player games, and unfamiliar with the world of Call of Duty, Killzone, Halo, and Gears. Among other franchises

I don't see why you are trying to force your opinion on IGN. Hohoho, random person on the internet agrees with me about uc3 mp being tacked on, so obviously ign is wrong!!11!!

Seriously, its pretty decent enough to be considered good. A lot of people liked uncharted 2 mp, a lot. It may not be as good as killzone, but really, if it was as good as killzone, its metacritic would be standing at 100 right now for the single fact that it already has a brilliant single player. Very few games have a good single player and multiplayer. Especially single player of the level of uncharted 2.

This is the fourth 10 they give this generation and all four have been undeserved

mantlepiecek said:
Michael-5 said:
Christhor said:

I don't see why you are trying to force your opinion on IGN. Hohoho, random person on the internet agrees with me about uc3 mp being tacked on, so obviously ign is wrong!!11!!

Seriously, its pretty decent enough to be considered good. A lot of people liked uncharted 2 mp, a lot. It may not be as good as killzone, but really, if it was as good as killzone, its metacritic would be standing at 100 right now for the single fact that it already has a brilliant single player. Very few games have a good single player and multiplayer. Especially single player of the level of uncharted 2.

I am no random person, according to Player1x3 I am more knowledable than god.

Christhor said:
mantlepiecek said:
Michael-5 said:
Christhor said:

I am no random person, according to Player1x3 I am more knowledable than god.

lol good one.