By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

I'm sorry but if recent Bioware games are any indication there's no way in hell that ME3 gets a 10. And a perfect story?? WTH, ME2's story was just bad (while the storytelling was pretty good), gameplay was uninspired, repetitive mini-games etc. etc. 

And UC3's multiplayer is certainly not average. It's very good, not perfect but still very good. The beta did not play like the full game, so you are judging it unfairly.

Edit: And wow, I had totally forgot about this article. What a flamebait! He's trying to push his opinion on his readers: "I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2. I need you to accept this. "This and the "Where in the world is Gran Turismo?" article really points out how this site works.

I'm sorry but that is complete and utter bogus.

Mass Effect is developed by a completely different Bioware studio than Dragon age. ME2's story may not have been quite as good as ME's but it was still among the best of the best and ME3's story looks just ridiculously awesome.

And how many times do I have to go over this with people? ME3 is going to have much better RPG aspects than ME2.

It looks like they are taking the best aspects of ME and ME2 and putting them together along with even more amazingness. ME3 is going to be out of this world good.

Mass Effect as a series is gaming nirvana.

There wasn't much story in ME 2 anyway. There are only 3-4 story related missions, everything else is like unimportant story-wise.

Story telling, like he said, was top notch. The way the story was told, voice acting, character acting etc was amazing.

Even if DA and ME are developed by different studios, you would be surprised by the similarities between them. Miranda and morrigan are both pretty similar characters.

That's because the studio that developed DA wants to be on the level of the ME developers. They obviously aren't though.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

I'm sorry but if recent Bioware games are any indication there's no way in hell that ME3 gets a 10. And a perfect story?? WTH, ME2's story was just bad (while the storytelling was pretty good), gameplay was uninspired, repetitive mini-games etc. etc. 

And UC3's multiplayer is certainly not average. It's very good, not perfect but still very good. The beta did not play like the full game, so you are judging it unfairly.

Edit: And wow, I had totally forgot about this article. What a flamebait! He's trying to push his opinion on his readers: "I'm telling you that Mass Effect 2 is better than Uncharted 2. I need you to accept this. "This and the "Where in the world is Gran Turismo?" article really points out how this site works.

Mass Effect is developed by a completely different Bioware studio than Dragon age. ME2's story may not have been quite as good as ME's but it was still among the best of the best and ME3's story looks just ridiculously awesome.

And how many times do I have to go over this with people? ME3 is going to have much better RPG aspects than ME2.

It looks like they are taking the best aspects of ME and ME2 and putting them together along with even more amazingness. ME3 is going to be out of this world good.

There wasn't much story in ME 2 anyway. There are only 3-4 story related missions, everything else is like unimportant story-wise.

Story telling, like he said, was top notch. The way the story was told, voice acting, character acting etc was amazing.

Even if DA and ME are developed by different studios, you would be surprised by the similarities between them. Miranda and morrigan are both pretty similar characters.

That's because the studio that developed DA wants to be on the level of the ME developers. They obviously aren't though.

But Morrigan was released before Miranda was released. Also, Dragon Age Origins gameplay is better than Mass effect gameplay as well. Since they are both rpgs and all. The graphics were bad though.

And funnily enough, with both ME 2 and DA 2 bioware went to a similar route, they dumbed down the gameplay.

mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

But Morrigan was released before Miranda was released. Also, Dragon Age Origins gameplay is better than Mass effect gameplay as well. Since they are both rpgs and all. The graphics were bad though.

And funnily enough, with both ME 2 and DA 2 bioware went to a similar route, they dumbed down the gameplay.

I'm sure they switch around a lot of info and ideas between both studios but the one that makes Mass Effect are the superior game makers. However the bolded is just ridiculous. Mass Effect's gameplay is much more addictive and awesome than Dragon Age: Origins was.

Mass Effect 2 didn't so much dumb down the gameplay as change it to more of a 3rd person shooter with light RPG elements. And it was damn fine.

yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:

I'm sure they switch around a lot of info and ideas between both studios but the one that makes Mass Effect are the superior game makers. However the bolded is just ridiculous. Mass Effect's gameplay is much more addictive and awesome than Dragon Age: Origins was.

Mass Effect 2 didn't so much dumb down the gameplay as change it to more of a 3rd person shooter with light RPG elements. And it was damn fine.

DA had great gameplay. The only thing it lacked was graphics, and it should have had a little easier menu system. Apart from that it was great.

Mass effect 2 didn't have anything special about its gameplay though. It was a tps with rpg elements...the best part about it were its characters not its gameplay. But DA's best was its characters and its gameplay. (edited)

( Maybe I should have said Mass effect 2 though. Because I meant ME 2. )

Even DA II didn't change much of their gameplay, except that they made it more hack and slash and reduced the role playing elements, just like ME 2. Of course DA II also had crappy characters, so I am not really comparing that game to ME 2.

mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:

DA had great gameplay. The only thing it lacked was graphics, and it should have had a little easier menu system. Apart from that it was great.

Mass effect 2 didn't have anything special about its gameplay though. It was a tps with rpg elements...the best part about it were its characters not its gameplay. But DA 2's best was its characters and its gameplay.

Even DA II didn't change much of their gameplay, except that they made it more hack and slash and reduced the role playing elements, just like ME 2. Of course DA II also had crappy characters, so I am not really comparing that game to ME 2.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree cause I think ME2's gamplay was superior to Dragon Age.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Mass effect 2 didn't have anything special about its gameplay though. It was a tps with rpg elements...the best part about it were its characters not its gameplay. But DA 2's best was its characters and its gameplay.

Oh man, did you really say that DAII had good gameplay???? XD XD XD XD

Did you do yourself a favour and played DAO in the PC? So, a game that played like a cross between Baldur's Gate and KOTOR and then became almost an hack and slash fest with the extreme gimpyness that every class except the melee classes suffered, making them almost unusable and worthless had a good gameplay?  Heck, it was pretty much the same downgrade in gameplay as ME2 suffered from the original ME, if not worse.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Mass effect 2 didn't have anything special about its gameplay though. It was a tps with rpg elements...the best part about it were its characters not its gameplay. But DA 2 Dragon Age Origin's best was its characters and its gameplay.

Did you do yourself a favour and played DAO in the PC? So, a game that played like a cross between Baldur's Gate and KOTOR and then became almost an hack and slash fest with the extreme gimpyness that every class except the melee classes suffered, making them almost unusable and worthless had a good gameplay?  Heck, it was pretty much the same downgrade in gameplay as ME2 suffered from the original ME, if not worse.

I was talking about DA origins having good gameplay. I didn't really like DA II gameplay.

Also I was comparing the console version differences. I am well aware that there were bigger differences on PC, but yo_john plays his games on 360, not a PC.

edit : Lol okay I got it. I made a mistake while posting.

mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:
yo_john117 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Mass effect 2 didn't have anything special about its gameplay though. It was a tps with rpg elements...the best part about it were its characters not its gameplay. But DA 2 Dragon Age Origin's best was its characters and its gameplay.

I was talking about DA origins having good gameplay. I didn't really like DA II gameplay.

Also I was comparing the console version differences. I am well aware that there were bigger differences on PC, but yo_john plays his games on 360, not a PC.

I tried DAO for consoles a bit myself, but just couldn't get into it...it was streamlined, but in some wrong ways. 

I see then, it's just that I have seen some members here saying that DAII's gameplay was better than DAO's, even comparing the PC versions My soul cries a little when I remember those posts >___>

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mantlepiecek said:
lestatdark said:

I tried DAO for consoles a bit myself, but just couldn't get into it...it was streamlined, but in some wrong ways. 

I see then, it's just that I have seen some members here saying that DAII's gameplay was better than DAO's, even comparing the PC versions My soul cries a little when I remember those posts >___>

A PC like game was probably not possible on console due to controls...I had problems playing DA O on PS3 but after some time got used to it.

@bolded LOL I totally understand those feeings.

yo_john117 said:

I agree, but everyone has their own unique preferences. Some people just don't like Sci-Fi, or a game where you carve your own story, a lot of people prefer the movie like linear feel of Uncharted. Some like both, some like neither.

I hope Mass Effect 3 reviews as well as Uncharted 3 did. Mass Effect 2 got GOTY and it was a Febuary title, and GT gave it a 97/100, while IGN gave it a 96/100 (yea 96, how things should be). The metascore for ME2 is also the same as UC2, so I'm expecting good things from this game. Heck it's the end of the Mass Effect Trilogy (one where all the decisions in the first 2 games make a difference), if any game is a pinnacle of gaming, I expect this to be it this gen.

Maybe IGN will give out a fifth 10/10 this gen.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results