By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review!!!

Tagged games:

What is going on here? O.o

Around the Network
Boutros said:
What is going on here? O.o

Something about Mass Effect not being as good as Dragon Age, only to be better than Dragon Age.  I'm confused too.

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree cause I think ME2's gamplay was superior to Dragon Age.

The gameplay of the proper version of Dragon Age: Origings is much better than the gameplay of the proper version of ME2. ME2's gameplay is as simple as it gets really.

Agreed.

Claymore said:
Gamers and there double standards make me laugh sometimes.

What are you talking about, and whom are you referring to?

Slimebeast said:
I am not happy.

Gaming makes me happy.  Maybe you need to find a new hobby.

Around the Network

For some reason it feels like mentioning Uncharted 3 at this point would get me banned for going off topic. Dragon Age and Mass Effect are awesome!

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree cause I think ME2's gamplay was superior to Dragon Age.

The gameplay of the proper version of Dragon Age: Origins is much better than the gameplay of the proper version of ME2. ME2's gameplay is as simple as it gets really.

Well I most definitely disagree.

padib said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:

Mass Effect as a series is gaming nirvana.

I agree, but everyone has their own unique preferences. Some people just don't like Sci-Fi, or a game where you carve your own story, a lot of people prefer the movie like linear feel of Uncharted. Some like both, some like neither.

I hope Mass Effect 3 reviews as well as Uncharted 3 did. Mass Effect 2 got GOTY and it was a Febuary title, and GT gave it a 97/100, while IGN gave it a 96/100 (yea 96, how things should be). The metascore for ME2 is also the same as UC2, so I'm expecting good things from this game. Heck it's the end of the Mass Effect Trilogy (one where all the decisions in the first 2 games make a difference), if any game is a pinnacle of gaming, I expect this to be it this gen.

Maybe IGN will give out a fifth 10/10 this gen.

Wow, I never realized IGN became so shitty. They were getting bad when I left in 2007, but it seems even worse than ever. All games above 9.5 get a 10, that's ridiculous.

10's anybody??

My arguement exactly, then a bunch of Uncharted 3 nuts started to chase me with clubs and attempted to beat me to death for not thinking it deserves 10/10.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

spurgeonryan said:
poroporo said:

Looking good.

How does it have so many 100's but only a meta score of 94?

15 100% -39(most common score)

0 - 99% -1

2 98% -9

2 97% -3 - median

1 96% -9

7 95% - median -18

1 94% -2

3 93% -3

0 92% -3

0 91% -2

16 90% (most common score) -14

0 89% -1

3 80% -1

Basically those 80%'s hurt the game, and even though there are a lot of 100%'s, there are also a lot of 90%'s, and a good number of 95%. Score makes sense.

Compare this to uncharted 2 in bold. Keep in mind Uncharted 2 has twice as many reviews, so the number of x% should be double.

Uncharted 2 had a lot more scores at 100%, and the median is a full 2% higher. Ontop of that it only has 1 80% score

Guess Uncharted 2 made a bigger impact on gaming, where Uncharted 3 simply prefected Uncharted 2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Wasn't expecting IGN to give it such a high score :)