By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW3 launch Trailer

Tagged games:

How's the wii version shaping up? MW Reflex was quite good.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
Have Sledgehammer games done anything noteworthy beforehand?

Sledgehammer itself is a very recently formed studio made by Activision to produce COD games exclusively. But the heads of SH are the people who created Dead Space, if you would consider that noteworthy.

As for MW3, I am psyched and can't wait to get my hands on it, but this trailer did not do the game justice, it was very underwhelming. They got it all wrong, they should have made the redemption trailer the launch trailer since they both feature SP gameplay and Redemption was IMO much better and got me very excited.

Either way, can't wait to get online and engage in the art of "pwning some noobs".

oniyide said:
RaptorGTA said:
I thought the redemption trailer was better. And is this game the most anticipated game in history? I mean its going to sell like crazy but among my friends and what i see online i really dont see much hype for this game. Its the "we know its coming out and ill pick it up " attitude. Maybe its just me.

Anyone think this trailer was released just to try to overshadow BF3's launch trailer? Im kinda thinking.

it isnt just you, even on some publications they seem to be less excited for this game than the last two. I havent seen the interest dip in this series since World at War. And does anyone find it strange that this game is like 2 weeks away and we have seen NO Wii footage at all?? Not that i planned to buy the game at all, was just curious

wow..completely forgot this game was coming out on the wii. Yes my mind is on other games but man. I guess the wii will still get its respected sales considering there isnt any other fps for it coming out this holiday season.  I wonder what marketing tactics will be done against bf3 for MW3. I guess it all depends on how well or bad bf3 does in its first week.  It  almost doesnt matter because cod will sell very very well...but I really expect a new mw3 trailer that "wows" us.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

spurgeonryan said:
FeelBreeze266 said:
why is this on the microsoft forum?

Because Microsoft owns the Microsoft Xbox 360 I would assume. Lets ask the OP. Why did you put this here?

but microsft doesn't own cod

Needs more Captain Price.

Around the Network
FeelBreeze266 said:
spurgeonryan said:
FeelBreeze266 said:

Because Microsoft owns the Microsoft Xbox 360 I would assume. Lets ask the OP. Why did you put this here?

I believe the reason is because the trailer was specifically FOR the Xbox 360. If you notice, at the end, it only displays the 360.

Why? I have no idea... I guess Microsoft paid them to only include their console in the TV ad?

pezus said:
wfz said:
FeelBreeze266 said:
spurgeonryan said:
FeelBreeze266 said:

I believe the reason is because the trailer was specifically FOR the Xbox 360. If you notice, at the end, it only displays the 360.

Why? I have no idea... I guess Microsoft paid them to only include their console in the TV ad?

Yes, they do that every year

They have a contract with Activision for early content and to be lead platform. However i think the contract is up after mw3..so they"ll have to fork over more money and renew it.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Personally, I like this one better:

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

That was the most underwhelming launch trailer for a COD game so far. It looks painfully generic, where have the epic set pieces gone, the Homefront launch trailer looked better than that.

wfz said:
FeelBreeze266 said:
spurgeonryan said:
FeelBreeze266 said:

I think the companies do that to make certain game franchises seem exclusive to the platform. MS also did that with FFXIII whereas Sony do it with Assassin's Creed and Fifa(Although not sure about that one) and probably other examples besides.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.