By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Skyward Sword receives a 10/10 from EDGE

I've believe it when OPM give it a 10.

Around the Network

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Edge be trolling so hard.

great score, cant wait to get the game. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Boutros said:
morenoingrato said:
EDGE is still mean and harsh, so they are not the new Famitsu.
Anyway, amazing score for Zelda!

It's not the harshness that defines EDGE's way of scoring. It's that obsession with small and meaningless details and those absolutely unrelevant criterias to judge a game's worth. They're like an impatient and intolerant pregnant woman.

The writing in EDGE's reviews is great but it comes out as haughty. I imagine them as a smarmy clique of self-important nerds that thrive on glory because they've been diminished so much at school.

Phew.

I've met the guys at EDGE and worked closely with them in the past as a freelancer for PSM3 Magazine (in the same building at Future Publishing). You couldn't be more wrong, they're just a normal bunch of (slightly nerdy, yes) guys who love gaming and subscribe to the ideal that a perfect score should only be for a pretty much perfect game, and look on games from a mature, detached perspective, not jumping on the fadwagon and giving every FPS a 96%.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Wiped said:
Boutros said:
morenoingrato said:

It's not the harshness that defines EDGE's way of scoring. It's that obsession with small and meaningless details and those absolutely unrelevant criterias to judge a game's worth. They're like an impatient and intolerant pregnant woman.

The writing in EDGE's reviews is great but it comes out as haughty. I imagine them as a smarmy clique of self-important nerds that thrive on glory because they've been diminished so much at school.

Phew.

I've met the guys at EDGE and worked closely with them in the past as a freelancer for PSM3 Magazine (in the same building at Future Publishing). You couldn't be more wrong, they're just a normal bunch of (slightly nerdy, yes) guys who love gaming and subscribe to the ideal that a perfect score should only be for a pretty much perfect game, and look on games from a mature, detached perspective, not jumping on the fadwagon and giving every FPS a 96%.

Except they gave MW2 9/10..

A lot of people here have a grudge on EDGE for giving FFXIII a 5/10 which was in my opinion, pretty spot on.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:
A lot of people here have a grudge on EDGE for giving FFXIII a 5/10 which was in my opinion, pretty spot on.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHH YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHH

That explains wagram and  beutros 

Edge gave a game a 10?? WTF!

Boutros said:
Wiped said:
Boutros said:
morenoingrato said:

Phew.

Except they gave MW2 9/10.

MW2 =/= every FPS.

I'm just saying they don't score on hype, they use the whole scale and score on true innovative merit. They're just a normal bunch of guys, I've had a pint with them down the pub. 'Smarmy clique' is not fair, is all im saying.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com