By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Skyward Sword receives a 10/10 from EDGE

Metallicube said:

Nice.. So far so good for Zelda scores. First the 9.5 and now this. They've had like 5 years to make this game though, so it should be that good

9.5? HOW DARE THEY GIVE SUCH A TERRIBLE SCORE! 

(It's 98 in ONM. I assume that's what you mean...)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
morenoingrato said:
EDGE is still mean and harsh, so they are not the new Famitsu.
Anyway, amazing score for Zelda!

It's not the harshness that defines EDGE's way of scoring. It's that obsession with small and meaningless details and those absolutely unrelevant criterias to judge a game's worth. They're like an impatient and intolerant pregnant woman.

The writing in EDGE's reviews is great but it comes out as haughty. I imagine them as a smarmy clique of self-important nerds that thrive on glory because they've been diminished so much at school.

Phew.

miz1q2w3e said:
Boutros said:
morenoingrato said:

It's not the harshness that defines EDGE's way of scoring. It's that obsession with small and meaningless details and those absolutely unrelevant criterias to judge a game's worth. They're like an impatient and intolerant pregnant woman.

The writing in EDGE's reviews is great but it comes out as haughty. I imagine them as a smarmy clique of self-important nerds that thrive on glory because they've been diminished so much at school.

Phew.

Did he use too many big fancy words or something? In short he's saying it's not the fact they are harsh it's how they werite about games...soemtimes it's great other times it's pretentious and stupid.

For me eDGE aren't harsh at all and if their nintendo games are anything to go by they bum love Nintendo to death so no surprise here.

I'll wait for reviews from people who aren't as biased as EDGE and NOM UK.

---

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Boutros said:
morenoingrato said:

Phew.

Did he use too many big fancy words or something? In short he's saying it's not the fact they are harsh it's how they werite about games...soemtimes it's great other times it's pretentious and stupid.

For me eDGE aren't harsh at all and if their nintendo games are anything to go by they bum love Nintendo to death so no surprise here.

Wow, rude much? I was just kidding - jeez -_-

And I was talking about his second paragraph, the one about nerds and school...etc - That part was just BS

I really trust in edge review.
GOTY

Around the Network

Have to buy the magazine and the game now.

Awesome cover and promising score!

I don't care about reviews, I just want my Zelda D:

Lord_Yggdrassil said:

So now EDGE and ONMUK are biased?

Give me a break -_-

Then I'm pretty sure a ton of other reviewers will be biased when game gets a 10.

@roma, spurgeonryan, menx64

Why did u see? why? ;_;
Nintendo is going to spoiler all the game before it's released, so, no more trailers for me. I have downloaded the Harp video, but won't see! I know I can, I know.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile