By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online is lacking

From the official website: "Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

It should matter. I want to see ratings of fighters across the globe. I want to know who are best of the best or the worst of the worst in the world and have the option to fight them.

I really don't care about voice chat because I don't want to hear 12 year olds saying the N word and using other curse words. But at least give fighters the option to choose who they want to fight across the globe.

Around the Network

Yeap , that sucks ... mayeb a patch will fix this later on ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Honestly, I've been playing some Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 online recently, and looking at my stats make me want to cry (literally!)! ;_;

I'm not that bad, but I just dislike to see that I have more deaths than kills and everything (difference of +13...). I just think it's hurting my ego and I sometimes don't enjoy gaming online as much as playing locally with friends (no stats are recorded that way).

Ah well, it's reality though: some people are better than I am (which is the complete opposite when I play against my friends!). That's why I have nothing against Brawl's online service and I think it's better that way too.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Yeah, it kinda sucks...but then again, a lot of ranking can be done through fansites like smashboards.com. The game may not have a ranking system, but as long as you can pick somebody specifically by adding them to your list, and then fight them online, online tournament and player rankings are a possibility.

If you want to play against really good Smash players, there will be tournaments and random matches set up online to be sure.  Or you could just play against me

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well, at least if you add people's friend codes you'll be able to see all their information and you're battles will be ranked.  I'm sure they'll be an official thread for that once the game is released.

Around the Network

elk voordeel heb ze nadeel

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I still belive online are for computers.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest actually. In fact it may disway people from playing cheap just to get up in the rankings. Probably not, but one can hope.

I actually perfer it that way. I don't need any trash talking with my cartoon violence thanks.

y no disconnects when someone is losing:)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.