By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online is lacking

RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
It doesn't bother at all.

Exactly, because I am not going to buy this game and when I play it, I will play it with friends.

Friends? What friends?

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Well leaderboards aren't important, but personal stats would be nice...I'd like to see my wins, losses, items used, damge received/given, etc, just for the hell of it.

I'm assuming you WILL get these with friend battles.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

"Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

NOOO!!!!!!! *$&*$*&$*$&*$&*$&$*$&*$*&$

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

God damnit I for one want to know whos ass im kicking at all times.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Some players are beginners and may I want to play other beginners online. Some players are mediocre players and may want to play other mediocre players. It's not all about wanting to fight the best players online. I don't think it would be fun playing someone much worst or better than you. It would be convienent (instead of going to some website) to have matchups similiar to many online game websites like Pogo.com where I can choose a room based on skill level and see potential opponents' ranking and have the option to sprawl if he/she inclines.

I remember I used to go to Pogo.com to play checkers and improving my rating pushed me to be a better player. Sometimes I would play Grandmasters to learn from them, sometimes I would play weaker players to experiment. After several months I reached Grandmaster. I am pretty proud of that achievement. I think this is more rewarding to most people than achievement points. I also think people would be playing the game even more using such a match making concept. And isn't that would any developer want?

And geez, how is competing to have a high rating such a bad thing? It's not all about ego, but so what if it is? 

Around the Network

Yeah, I can understand how some people would be disappointed that there's no stat tracking.

On the other hand, having the AI step in when a player disconnects is a pretty cool idea.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I dislike that a little bit, but don't care at the same time. I think it's cool when you get stats to record how you do, but after a certain amount of time it just becomes a thing of how long you've been playing. Not to mention what happens if you stop playing for a while.

Something that I'm a fan of (mainly in some Counter-Strike servers with their own stats) is when stats are reset after a set amount of time (like every month in my CS example). That way I think it's more based on skill rather than a penis waving of how long you've been playing (in total).

Let me try and illustrate my idea. Have two separate stat data lists (for the sake of it, I'll call them hard and soft stats/data). Say the overall data is the hard stats and the data that is reset is the soft stats. My idea is that the soft stats are recorded and added to the hard stats when it's time for the data to be reset. This way, you'll still have your total stats to compare with everybody else like is done with most games, but also how well you did within the term that the soft stats run.

In a way, I think it's kind of like the ladder terms in Diablo 2. When a ladder starts, everybody has to start from scratch and build up from there and they can still go and play their already established characters if they want. Then when the ladder term is over, the characters and items are converted to normal and they can be used with the normal characters and items that they have already found.

If those feauters dont include they can skip online from my part. Can you challenge your friends online?

guys, be happy that this game even has online

I don't care. I played the Strikers online for 3 weeks, then played with friends for 3 months.