By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online is lacking

Hmmm.... I remember this being debated back in October..... when it was first announced.

I prefer it this way. Keeps the online focused on the fun of the game.

Around the Network
Vizion said:
From the official website: "Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

It should matter. I want to see ratings of fighters across the globe. I want to know who are best of the best or the worst of the worst in the world and have the option to fight them.

I really don't care about voice chat because I don't want to hear 12 year olds saying the N word and using other curse words. But at least give fighters the option to choose who they want to fight across the globe.

It has been shown in the past that nintendo games that keep records of such things tend to have a high d/c rate. Forcing people to pretty much just have f/c games instead. Games that don't usualy have a lower d/c rate.

Wii Code: 7588-3685-3257-4150

Brawl Code: 0301-9768-7224

You know the drill if you add me pm your codes.

Vizion said:
From the official website: "Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

It should matter. I want to see ratings of fighters across the globe. I want to know who are best of the best or the worst of the worst in the world and have the option to fight them.

I really don't care about voice chat because I don't want to hear 12 year olds saying the N word and using other curse words. But at least give fighters the option to choose who they want to fight across the globe.

That's why you think it's lacking?  Really?  I'm sorry, but that is pretty pathetic.  If you can give me one significant reason how that actually affects gameplay I'll believe (hint-- not being able to show off your e-penis isn't a good reason).

Go be 12 somewhere else. 

DonWii said:
Hmmm.... I remember this being debated back in October..... when it was first announced.

I prefer it this way. Keeps the online focused on the fun of the game.

Exactly.

No scores to care about.  No rankings to care about.  You can experiment and just have fun without worrying about such things.  I don't want to go into every match absolutely needing to win because of some stupid number that people judge each other by, I want to go into the game to have fun.

twesterm said:
Vizion said:

That's why you think it's lacking? Really? I'm sorry, but that is pretty pathetic. If you can give me one significant reason how that actually affects gameplay I'll believe (hint-- not being able to show off your e-penis isn't a good reason).

Go be 12 somewhere else.

Was that really necessary? Different people like different things. If Vizion likes being competitive then of course it's going to matter to him. If it doesn't bother you then great but at least respect that other people are going to have different preferences whether you agree with them or not.

Around the Network

They have a decent reason to take out chat, but i think that if you wanted your stats recorded you should be able to record them, in the other online first party wii games your stts are recorded so ehy suddenly take out that function?

Edit: its a shame that my hundredth post was bitching.

Vizion said:

Actually a simple solution to this problem is to register on a website like Smashboards.com  where they will schedule regular matches and have rankings.

The "play with anyone" option kind of sucks anyway, its only a 2 minute smash fest with no stock.  Playing with friends with websites that organize tournaments is the best way to go. 

Its not what people say that is offensive, it is how we react to it that determines offense or not- REBT theory of Albert Ellis.

Competing in online FPS since 1999.

Currently own a supreme gaming PC playing CoD4

Currently own a Wii with Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii play, Mario Strikers Charged, and Wii sports. Looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Http://www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com    Online Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Series!  Feel free to sign up and chat with fellow smashers using our forums.  Casual competitions (i.e. HomeRun Contest) to come soon!

Isnt a fighting/combat game all about being competitive and finding out who can really lay the smack down?? You guys sound like a bunch of sissies afraid to see who really is the best. Everyone of you has laid claim to being really good and everyone can do that when there are no stats to prove/disprove it.

Lack of voicechat is understandable on a console aimed at kids, parents dont want their kids exposed to that kinda stuff. But a win/loss record & Disconnect % are a must for a game like this.

Wii Online = LAME watered down kiddie sanitized everyone wins BS

FireWater said:
Vizion said:

Actually a simple solution to this problem is to register on a website like Smashboards.com where they will schedule regular matches and have rankings.

The "play with anyone" option kind of sucks anyway, its only a 2 minute smash fest with no stock. Playing with friends with websites that organize tournaments is the best way to go.

I don't think that's confirmed about the "play with anyone" thing.  Prove that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

dgm6780 said:
Isnt a fighting/combat game all about being competitive and finding out who can really lay the smack down?? You guys sound like a bunch of sissies afraid to see who really is the best. Everyone of you has laid claim to being really good and everyone can do that when there are no stats to prove/disprove it.

Lack of voicechat is understandable on a console aimed at kids, parents dont want their kids exposed to that kinda stuff. But a win/loss record & Disconnect % are a must for a game like this.

Wii Online = LAME watered down kiddie sanitized everyone wins BS

If you want to play against pros, go to smashboards.com or a similar site, we've said this like 3 times.  I'm 100% sure there will be tournaments and pro matches online for the next few years...I don't think you need to worry about your ego, unless you're playing against me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )