By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 4 VS GT5 AI comparison

Am I the only one that thinks that GT's AI is on rail and they all behave the same way? It's like they're not thinking, when they get closer to a "collision zone" they automaticaly change course. It doesn't prove that the AI is better by any mean. Also right after a corner when you drive at 70mph I don't understand how every drivers get to not hit each other. If you watch racing a bit you'll understand what I mean, drivers make mistakes from time to time and most of the accidents in racing occurs right after a tight corner.

In Forza most of the AI that are the first to take the corner are able to dodge the non moving car but it's mainly the ones that were behind another that hit the Ferrari. In real life when you follow another car and take a corner you don't pay attention to what's right after the corner and that's where you get to hit an obstacle that is right after the corner.

Now I know everyone will tell me that you should always pay attention to what's going on right after a corner which is true, but when you race, most of the time, you look for every chance you get to go past the one in front. Anyway, both show how poor driving games' AI is compared to real racers but this video doesn't prove GT's "superior" AI by any mean... in fact to me it's more an on rail AI than AI at all.

Around the Network

Aren't the AI settings customizable? This video is extremely cherry picked and not telling of the whole picture. On YouTube there are just as many fail AI videos for GT5 and Forza 3. Were these races on the easiest AI difficulty setting, maybe?

I really would like to see a Spec 2.0 x Forza 3 comparison... the AI in Forza 3 is so good and Forza 4 loose it.

I was going to buy FM4, but I've read/heard so much negative things about it from people I trust that I won't buy it before it gets a big (or huge) update. FM3 gets another chance till then! :)

These are always great threads.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

You can set the agressive-ness in GT5 after the Spec 2 update btw.

From the video you can clearly tell GT5 2.0 has better AI then Forza 4, but that doesn't mean Forza 4 wont have patch later on to fix AI problems like GT5 did. Hopefully it wont take Turn 10 that long considering this is really the only fault I have heard about the game. Now remember GT fans that AI in GT5 were scripted when GT5 first launched plus many other faults. If we compared GT5 AI at launch and Forza 4 AI at launch it wouldn't even be a contest.

The reason Forza 3 has better AI than Forza 4 is the double amount of vehicles added to Forza 4. From 8 to 16, so they had to sacrifice something.

This Video below pretty much sums up Forza's AI and the whole game itself how stupid the AI is and why GT5 is better.

Warning: Before you classify me as trolling I am in no way trolling I just found this video on YouTube and thought that I should show it to you guys on how stupid the AI in Forza is.

Wasn't GT5 the same way when it launched? No AI at all i believe.

I hate it when IA is plain dumb. It breaks the experience for me.
Actually that's the reason why I changed being a pro PES to being a pro FIFA a few years ago.

By the way: What horrid music they put both into FORZA and GT... good thing you can choose your own in the last one.