By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 4 VS GT5 AI comparison

NobleTeam360 said:
Wasn't GT5 the same way when it launched? No AI at all i believe.

not necessarily, i do know that there was a hoax where someone tried use an illusion to make it appear that gt's ai was bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_HJSJLL8_I

Around the Network
x_DMX_x said:

This Video below pretty much sums up Forza's AI and the whole game itself how stupid the AI is and why GT5 is better.

Warning: Before you classify me as trolling I am in no way trolling I just found this video on YouTube and thought that I should show it to you guys on how stupid the AI in Forza is.

You could have at least read through few pages.

leatherhat said:
These are always great threads.

Ineed, some things never change!

Good God the amount of trolling on both sides here is just attrocious!

But anyways OT: If there is one thing that F4 truly fails at it would be the A.I....I've never seen more reckless, aggressive A.I in my life. Sometimes it can seriously dampen the experience.

However the past 2 days the AI have been much better than when I first started the game. I've really only played World Tour so maybe when the AI are set to a higher difficulty they get smarter...at least that's what I'm really hoping for.

Still Turn 10 needs to patch that ASAP!

Now show the AI in B-spec for Gran Turismo 5. Well the I part of AI doesn't exist in B-spec, there is no intelligence. I lose B-spec races when I have 3x the power of the other cars. And don't give me any nonsense that I just suck at it. When the only controls are pace up (spin out on every corner), maintain pace (do nothing), slow down (take every corner at 5mph) and overtake (one again spin out on every corner) there's not a lot you can do.

Not hating on GT5 in general, just the broken ass B-Spec mode (boring spec)

Around the Network
Marks said:
Now show the AI in B-spec for Gran Turismo 5. Well the I part of AI doesn't exist in B-spec, there is no intelligence. I lose B-spec races when I have 3x the power of the other cars. And don't give me any nonsense that I just suck at it. When the only controls are pace up (spin out on every corner), maintain pace (do nothing), slow down (take every corner at 5mph) and overtake (one again spin out on every corner) there's not a lot you can do.

Not hating on GT5 in general, just the broken ass B-Spec mode (boring spec)

If you're losing B-Spec races with a 3x powered car, you're either: Using an unexperienced driver and forcing him to push or not tuning the car to remove the brake bias which stops the seemengly stupid braking that the computer driver usually does. I've won races in the contrary situation, with massively underpowered cars with my level 35 driver. 

Not saying that the B-Spec AI is any good, it isn't. But B-Spec races can be won quite easily.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Nsanity said:
x_DMX_x said:

This Video below pretty much sums up Forza's AI and the whole game itself how stupid the AI is and why GT5 is better.

Warning: Before you classify me as trolling I am in no way trolling I just found this video on YouTube and thought that I should show it to you guys on how stupid the AI in Forza is.

You could have at least read through few pages.

Regardless of that video you posted on GT5's AI I have never experienced anything like that.In Fact, the people that were reviewing Forza in my video were Professional simulation reviewers.They mostly review Racing sims on the PC but, the fact that they found forza WAYY to easy means that this game isn't a challenge.At one point they state that they're using F class cars and yet beating the A class cars.They also literaly said just to make Forza a challenge they would literally put bags of sand and tie it to the back of their car just to make it more of a challenge.

just a stupid off topic question: Is it possible to save the game DURING the endurance races in GT5 now?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
just a stupid off topic question: Is it possible to save the game DURING the endurance races in GT5 now?

After Spec 2.0, yes.

ghettoglamour said:

Yes, you can suspend the race as you enter the pit lane. Then you have the option to quit the game with the ps button and it will immediately resume the race when you start up the game again. You can't do anything else in between. If you choose to continue instead of quit out it will remove the endurance race save.

However you can keep your progress by suspending, quitting out and launching the game again. If the power fails or something else unfortunate happens you can still boot up the game and continue again from where you saved.

You can also copy the save game to a usb stick to do some multiplayer in between but you obviously loose all other progress when you copy the savegame back. You can't switch back and forth between 2 endurance races.

There currently is a glitch when you save halfway on the pit lane on the Tsukaba circuit. When you resume the race the car flies out of the corner but stays in autodrive and the game will finish the race for you without you being able to interfere. It won't chance tires or fuel up though, so be sure not to save until the car is in the pit.