By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Skyward Sword Thread!!

Tagged games:

I'm replaying TP until I get my copy of SS. The reviews have been strange, a very mixed baggage. A lot have hailed it as the best LoZ ever, and on the other hand some have given it extremely low scores. It's kinda weird it's still above 94, hopefully it manages to go past even 95

Around the Network

The Gamespot review is a disgrace to all things gaming. The only problems I have with the game is the Kikwi, their character models are ridiculous. One other tiny annoyance is when the hell do hearts grow on plants?!

kopstudent89 said:
I'm replaying TP until I get my copy of SS. The reviews have been strange, a very mixed baggage. A lot have hailed it as the best LoZ ever, and on the other hand some have given it extremely low scores. It's kinda weird it's still above 94, hopefully it manages to go past even 95

As I said, it needs about 20 more perfect reviews to make. So almost impossible.

Intendo21 said:
The Gamespot review is a disgrace to all things gaming. The only problems I have with the game is the Kikwi, their character models are ridiculous. One other tiny annoyance is when the hell do hearts grow on plants?!

Awh. The Kikwi are the cutest things i've seen since the Kirby game i played three weeks ago :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

DavidValbu said:
Finally, I found all the pieces of the volcano's key dungeon. It was really hard ... considering I had chosen to look for Zelda insted of the pieces.... By the way, challenge game. I like it.

Anyone else notice how short the first dungeon was? My little brother tells me that he doesn't like the game very much, that the dungeons in Twilight princess were better....

I don't think the same. I've been hours without knowing what to do in Skyward Sword and I have also died several times, facts that had never happened to me in other Zelda titles (Twilight Princess).

Thank god Skyview Temple was short; after how big was Faron Woods...

Looking for the key to the volcano's dungeon was impressive, it shows why dowsing is a necessary feature. I'm at the third dungeon right now. Man, Lanayru Desert/Mining Facility is sooo goood.

Until now, no issue with the motion controls. Loving the game so far.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I dream nightmares of Deku Babas now... a shame I got killed by one of them, I should do a pilgrimage for all the swearing that came through my mouth when I first encountered these Deku Baba.

guiduc said:
I dream nightmares of Deku Babas now... a shame I got killed by one of them, I should do a pilgrimage for all the swearing that came through my mouth when I first encountered these Deku Baba.

I'm feeling the same way about the skulltulas.

The Skulltulas...I didn't realise how to kill them on the floor >.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I was a little dissapointed with the final battle, I think I overprepared for it (took 3 bottles of health++ and 2 bottles of guardian potion, the guardian potion made things too easy so I didn't even need the health potions. Given how much damage demise causes I think without the guardian potion I would probably have needed at least 2 bottles of health++ though (which is almost 4 lots of full hearts))

Oh and I started the second quest, it's called the hero quest and I think you take double damage from everything. I wasn't taking enough notice against my first enemies (deku baba in the sacred grounds) but given it's double damage from falling I think it's probable. It would be cool if some of the puzzles changed a-la Master Quest, but i'm not far enough in to find out yet.

Conegamer said:
The Skulltulas...I didn't realise how to kill them on the floor >.<
Also, the Lizalfos are easy, if you do an upward spin slash.

@Moreningrato-I'll do that, when I next have a chance. It'll take a while

Took me a few attempts to figure out how to kill skulltula too.

My most difficult enemy is the bokoblin with the electric swords, though I only really started using my shield properly later in the game (demise managed to break my fully upgraded goddess shield ) so this time i'm gonna see if they have an opening in their defence after they hit my shield.