By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Skyward Sword Thread!!

Tagged games:

Level1Death said:
Conegamer said:
Apologies for the double post, but...here's a demonstration of the 'rubbish' controls, as pointing out by GameSpot.

Love the shrug around the 1 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=colike

HAHA!! Great.

Ha, I too have had no trouble with the sword controls, and I lay down to play (TV at the end of my bed) so I don't get full swings in. It is difficult to bowl in my position though, as I play with my hand resting on my lap, I have got used to it but have to lift my arm up to bowl a bomb.

Also I think there is a move I didn't properly know about in that vid... I have done it once in game but didn't realise what i'd done, so passed it off as me not seeing it properly. (slashing both controllers down makes link do a backflip slash)

Around the Network

lol now waiting for the inevitable 4/10

TWRoO said:
Level1Death said:
Conegamer said:
Apologies for the double post, but...here's a demonstration of the 'rubbish' controls, as pointing out by GameSpot.

Love the shrug around the 1 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0&feature=colike

HAHA!! Great.

Ha, I too have had no trouble with the sword controls, and I lay down to play (TV at the end of my bed) so I don't get full swings in. It is difficult to bowl in my position though, as I play with my hand resting on my lap, I have got used to it but have to lift my arm up to bowl a bomb.

Also I think there is a move I didn't properly know about in that vid... I have done it once in game but didn't realise what i'd done, so passed it off as me not seeing it properly. (slashing both controllers down makes link do a backflip slash)

Yeah, I'm currently ploughing through the game, and yet again I have met no issues with the controls (apart from maybe the Bamboo mini-game, but I think I need a better sword for that...)

This 65% review, as had been stated, doesn't go to Metacritic, and thus, is simply a troll looking for hits on his site. Ignore the review. The game is awesome.

How are our American friends finding it?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

gotta love user reviews on metacritic. 0s for zelda from people who submiiting their first and only review.

Cobretti2 said:
gotta love user reviews on metacritic. 0s for zelda from people who submiiting their first and only review.

Yup. It always happens though (read: MW3).

Here's what he means though, for reference (score is 0)

This might just be the worst game of all time. Miyamoto must be going senile because he just keeps rehashing the same game over and over. I guess if you are a child this may be fun, so get it for your 5 year old nephew, but for mature gamers such as myself it is lacking. There are no guns, no blood, no swearing and no sexuality. I'll stick with a proper game like Modern Warfare 3, thanks. 

Don't understand why this has come over here, but roll with it. Regardless, the irony in this review is overwhelming. More insulting is that someone actually found the review helpful, but it was most likely the poster of the review himself.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Cobretti2 said:

This might just be the worst game of all time. Miyamoto must be going senile because he just keeps rehashing the same game over and over. I guess if you are a child this may be fun, so get it for your 5 year old nephew, but for mature gamers such as myself it is lacking. There are no guns, no blood, no swearing and no sexuality. I'll stick with a proper game like Modern Warfare 3, thanks. 

Don't understand why this has come over here, but roll with it. Regardless, the irony in this review is overwhelming. More insulting is that someone actually found the review helpful, but it was most likely the poster of the review himself.

hahah yer one of the guys thatdid zelda0 did mw3 a 0 to and gave uc3 a 10.

gotta love these fanboys.

Cobretti2 said:
Conegamer said:
Cobretti2 said:

hahah yer one of the guys thatdid zelda0 did mw3 a 0 to and gave uc3 a 10.

gotta love these fanboys.

So very true. Roma has posted some more as well.

Why do people feel like they have to troll to get their point across? You aren't interested in the game, WE GET IT! No need to disrespect the game...

...clearly our American counterparts are enjoying the game. The site is full of SS threads now

Metacritic:

Total Reviews: 47

New Reviews:

Gamer.no: 90

Games Master UK: 96

The A.V. Club: 100

Gaming Age: 100

Data:

Average: 94,276

Metascore 95

Perfect Reviews: 20

Perfect %: 42,55

Publication Score Average Perfect Percentage
Cheat Code Central 100 94,2765957 20 42,55319149
Digital Spy 100      
Edge Magazine 100      
Eurogamer 100      
Eurogamer Italy 100      
Game Informer 100      
Gaming Age 100      
Gaming Age 100      
Guardian 100      
IGN 100      
Meristation 100      
Metro GameCentral 100      
N-Europe 100      
Nintendo Life 100      
NintendoWorldReport 100      
Telegraph 100      
The A.V. Club 100      
The Escapist 100      
VideoGamer 100      
Wired 100      
Computer and Videogames 98      
Digital Chumps 98      
Official Nintendo Magazine UK 98      
3D Juegos 96      
Games Master UK 96      
Destructoid 95      
Machinima 95      
Vandal Online 95      
GamingTrend 93      
GamingXP 93      
Videogameszone.de 93      
Multiplayer.it 92      
GameTrailers 91      
Everyeye.it 90      
Gameblog.fr 90      
Gamer.no 90      
Gamereactor Swedden 90      
Games Radar (in-house) 90      
games(TM) 90      
Joystiq 90      
SpazioGames 90      
1UP 83      
Eurogamer Sweden 80      
Gamekult 80      
GamePro 80      
Giant Bomb 80      
Gamespot 75      

I love the game. The controls work fine. Its already 100 times better then Twilight Princess. It feels more alive, cinematic. Its great.