By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Skyward Sword Thread!!

Tagged games:

TWRoO said:

Here's some info about the second quest:
 - Cut-scenes are skippable.
 - Text is still not skippable though I think it might be scrolling faster (maybe it's my imagination)
 - Double damage from everything (falling/enemies/lava etc)
 - There are no hearts to collect when you get hurt! (ie no heart flowers, cutting grass or smashing pots won't give you hearts) the only ways to get your health back up if you lose some is by finding a heart piece, using potions or fairies or if you find a seat or bed to relax on (obviously beds are skyloft only, seats can be found on the ground but I don't think there are any in the dungeons) [oh, not tried drawing a heart on the magic walls yet, they may give them out]
 - You keep your bugs and treasures that you had at the end of the first quest, which is useful because you will need to upgrade quicker and actually use some potions (I didn't really need potions much till the end, I have probalby used more in the second playthrough than I did in the first, even though I am only just past the first dungeon)

Nice to hear!

I have the strategy guide, and it states that the dialogue is different, and the dungeons are as well, in subtle ways. Is this true?

Also, glad you like it!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
TWRoO said:

- Text is still not skippable though I think it might be scrolling faster (maybe it's my imagination)
 - There are no hearts to collect when you get hurt! (ie no heart flowers, cutting grass or smashing pots won't give you hearts) the only ways to get your health back up if you lose some is by finding a heart piece, using potions or fairies or if you find a seat or bed to relax on (obviously beds are skyloft only, seats can be found on the ground but I don't think there are any in the dungeons) [oh, not tried drawing a heart on the magic walls yet, they may give them out]
 - You keep your bugs and treasures that you had at the end of the first quest, which is useful because you will need to upgrade quicker and actually use some potions (I didn't really need potions much till the end, I have probalby used more in the second playthrough than I did in the first, even though I am only just past the first dungeon)

Nice to hear!

I have the strategy guide, and it states that the dialogue is different, and the dungeons are as well, in subtle ways. Is this true?

Also, glad you like it!

I haven't noticed different dialogue apart from me choosing different options to answer questions. As for dungeon differences, only done the first one so far, didn't really notice much difference apart from the lack of hearts, I think some of the treasures (amber relic etc) may have moved.

I'll try and take more notice in the 2nd dungeon.

RolStoppable said:
TWRoO said:

I haven't noticed different dialogue apart from me choosing different options to answer questions. As for dungeon differences, only done the first one so far, didn't really notice much difference apart from the lack of hearts, I think some of the treasures (amber relic etc) may have moved.

There are a couple of instances when people tell you that you are playing in Hero Mode. Like that guy who tells you to focus on him with the Z button in the beginning of the game. I skipped all cutscenes, but I don't think that they've changed one bit.

I didn't notice any differences in the dungeons, they are exactly the same.

In response to your previous post, text doesn't scroll faster than usual. Just like before, you can only speed it up a little bit by holding down the A button. It's possible to override the fourth point on your list with a certain item. The game even tells you as much.

I noticed the gossip stone talk about hero mode, I was probably too frustrated at not being able to skip Z-focus training to notice what he was saying.

Maybe it's because I have just been constantly holding the A-button during conversations then, though I thought I was doing that the first time round.

I assume the heart medal is the item you are talking about, haven't got that yet as I just blasted through the first dungeon and haven't returned to the sky... then I went back to my first file and had some fun with the boss challenges given by the yellow dragon.

TWRoO said:
Conegamer said:
TWRoO said:

Nice to hear!

Also, glad you like it!

Cool. Are you finding it more difficult then? More importantly, are you enjoying it still?

And was the intro skippable?

RolStoppable said:
TWRoO said:

There are a couple of instances when people tell you that you are playing in Hero Mode. Like that guy who tells you to focus on him with the Z button in the beginning of the game. I skipped all cutscenes, but I don't think that they've changed one bit.

I didn't notice any differences in the dungeons, they are exactly the same.

In response to your previous post, text doesn't scroll faster than usual. Just like before, you can only speed it up a little bit by holding down the A button. It's possible to override the fourth point on your list with a certain item. The game even tells you as much.

You finished the game as well Rol? 

Did you like it? Where does it rank in comparison to past games?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

You finished the game as well Rol? 

Did you like it? Where does it rank in comparison to past games?

It's better than The Wind Waker, but worse than Twilight Princess. For now.

It doesn't come close to Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past or the original game. I am a bit disappointed.

Well let's face it, you aren't very easy to please

Also, we're talking aabout the GC version of Twilight Princess, right? Otherwise you're terribly wrong.

Which bits disappointed you then...

Mine's still in transit but man I hope it's not worse that Twilight Princess :S

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

I just finished Farore's Silent Realm. It's not perfect, but it's good for the most part. A Link to the Past is still the best.

Soma said:
Mine's still in transit but man I hope it's not worse that Twilight Princess :S

I wouldn't worry. I wasn't a great fan of TP, but I'm loving Skyward Sword. I feel as though Rol's points, whilst valid, may be a bit harsh. TP was exactly the same after all. All Zelda's are.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Well let's face it, you aren't very easy to please

Also, we're talking aabout the GC version of Twilight Princess, right? Otherwise you're terribly wrong.

Which bits disappointed you then...

All the filler gameplay and there was quite a lot of it, especially towards the end. The developers should have put more emphasis on the combat and used that to make the game longer. You can't even upgrade your sword which is the most important aspect of an upgrade system. It's all about growing stronger, but SS fails on that level.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade system that focused on defense. I spent most of my time in Monster Hunter focused on building impenetrable armor, after all...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.