By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BATTLE FIELD 3 ON CONSOLE = PC on lowest settings POSSIBLE

Tagged games:

According to this:

The German PC Gaming Site gamestar.de is reporting that the console version of Battlefield 3 will represent the most low settings on PC.

Offical Picture:http://www.gamestar.de/_misc/images/original.cfm?pk=2255253

Source:http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/battlefield-3/news/battlefield_3,45612,2561403.html

and here;s a picutre that's been flying around on the forums coming from DICE themselves

let's see what'll end up looking better CRYSIS on PS3/360 or BATTLEFIELD 3(in which the PS3 beta looks like a last gen COD 4) or a pc port of BATTLE FIELD 3 on the PS3/360

mM
Around the Network

Wow can't they just expand a bit on consoles and just use multiple discs on 360 and use the full amount on ps3's blueray?

*SIGH*
DICE/EA aren't doing themselves any favors with this. If anything it discourages people from buying the console version. I mean who would get the console version when it has "lots of stuff disabled"?

with all the the hype for this game. i really hope it delivers.

Realistically, what did you expect?

The PS3 and XBox 360 are 5/6 year old systems with performance that is surpassed by even the lowest end of modern PC components. Anyone who considers themself a PC gamer probably already has a system that is at least as powerful as the HD consoles, so developers (obviously) would treat the HD consoles like the minimum requirements.

Around the Network

i'm more surprised that you are shocked about this, really consoles are old, and Battlefield is going to come out this year, of course the minimum PC graphics are going to look better.
this years tech > 5 year old tech.

The cold hard truth is that the tech in the 360 and PS3 is seriously ageing by now.
Now, that doesn't mean they can't still produce great games; hell, the Wii can still do that and it's even more outdated, but consoles haven't been cutting edge since '06, and PC tech has come a long way in the 5 years since.

Hmmmmmm, 6/5 year old console > PC gaming rig built in the past 4 years.

Why is Dice catering to the PC crowd when PCs are super underpowered compared to consoles...         Oh wait.

Next Tuesday all this bullshit can finally come to an end.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Oh well i don't care for graphics all that much so im getting MW3. BF3 i will get maybe in a month or two after MW3 probably january

HappySqurriel said:
Realistically, what did you expect?

The PS3 and XBox 360 are 5/6 year old systems with performance that is surpassed by even the lowest end of modern PC components. Anyone who considers themself a PC gamer probably already has a system that is at least as powerful as the HD consoles, so developers (obviously) would treat the HD consoles like the minimum requirements.

mM