By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BATTLE FIELD 3 ON CONSOLE = PC on lowest settings POSSIBLE

Tagged games:

This has nothing to do with slacking off on FIVE YEAR OLD HARDWARE (ahem, sorry) as much as it does taking true advantage of what modern tech has to offer.

I'm glad DICE is doing their best on all platforms, including PC.

Around the Network

Battlefield 3's lowest for the PC must be pretty damn good then.

leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
Realistically, what did you expect?

The PS3 and XBox 360 are 5/6 year old systems with performance that is surpassed by even the lowest end of modern PC components. Anyone who considers themself a PC gamer probably already has a system that is at least as powerful as the HD consoles, so developers (obviously) would treat the HD consoles like the minimum requirements.

That does look look like a 4 year old PC game with tweaked lighting on medium what's your point?

OT: “that was a bit poor choice of words, but the PC LOW & consoles obviously does not have every single quality feature PC HIGH has.” This makes sense and shouldn’t come as a surprise to many gamers. He continued to admit that “it wasn’t fully fair as the console version can’t be fully compared against the PC settings as it uses different techniques.” For example, “the shadows in the shadows in the final code are way better than PC LOW, same with animated vegetation and such.”

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/17/battlefield-3-dice-clarifies-pc-and-console-graphical-comparisons/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

MEH, still looks gorgeous on consoles.

LOL I'm not surprised at all.Battlefield 3 will be a flop on consoles.If anything im not buying it at all.This game just wasn't made for consoles.I suggest you guys wait for Battlefield:Bad Company 3 since that's the console version of Battlefield.

I'd be surprised and happy if Modern Warfare 3 outsold Battlefield.
All hype for no reason the beta was trash.
Yes I know a beta is suppose to have problems so you can complain but honestly that has to be the shittiest beta ive ever played since ive owned my PS3.

Im just hoping MW3 outsells BF3 that will make DICE think twice next time and give us 64 players also.

Around the Network

@DMX

Nobody expects BF3 to outsell MW3. Not even EA. So why would you be surprised if MW3 outsold BF 3 ? Never heard this sentence before. If BF3 does insanly well it will sell HALF of MW3. That is optimistic. BF is nowhere near the size of COD. Black Ops/MW2 sold more then every Battlefield title on all platforms together. Hype=/=sales

leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:

The PS3 and XBox 360 are 5/6 year old systems with performance that is surpassed by even the lowest end of modern PC components. Anyone who considers themself a PC gamer probably already has a system that is at least as powerful as the HD consoles, so developers (obviously) would treat the HD consoles like the minimum requirements.

Way to pick a trailer for crysis pc, what was the point of that?

The game must be nice if the lowest setting of BF3 requires a gtx 8800 a gpu better than all the hardware in both consoles combined.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

yo_john117 said:
Battlefield 3's lowest for the PC must be pretty damn good then.

This!

Chroniczaaa said:
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:

Way to pick a trailer for crysis pc, what was the point of that?

The game must be nice if the lowest setting of BF3 requires a gtx 8800 a gpu better than all the hardware in both consoles combined.

That's crysis running on console...

mM

FYI, battlefield 3's minimum system requirements are way above and beyond what the consoles have in their arsenal. So this doesn't necessarily mean the game will look terrible. The beta didn't look like anything special. But single player footage from the ps3 version that has been teased in trailers looks amazing. Well, we'll find out what it looks like in a week.