By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Gets Sony's Biggest Marketing Push Ever in the UK.

Good, I guess. But knowing Sony, this will probably prove ineffective...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
legend92(3) said:
kowenicki said:
They also spent 3m on Res 3 in the UK alone...

Thankfully this time it should be money well spent.

Can you link me to that, I would be interested to read it?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-uk-splashes-pound-3m-on-resistance-3/084353

http://thesilentchief.com/2011/09/04/sony-launches-huge-resistance-3-ad-campaign-across-the-pond/

Thanks, Why can't SCEA let out their marketing budget I would liek ot see that for this holiday.

kowenicki said:

To be fair, Resistance wasn't seen as that good of a game. Espescially compared to Uncharted.

Well if it weren't for the massive hype surrounding Uncharted 3 it wouldn't sell like most games but, just because they're spending this much money to market it.This will be the second time I buy a new game at $65 price.I brought Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm:2 at $65 release day.I don't regret it but UNS1 was Wayyy better.

kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
kowenicki said:

To be fair, Resistance wasn't seen as that good of a game. Espescially compared to Uncharted.

I agee totally.  I was just pointing out how SC Uk isnt afraid to spending very big money... sometimes unwisely.  £8m ($12.6m) on two games for one country is enormous.

Uncharted doesnt really need this, it will be the biggest Uncharted regardless.

Sure, sure. It'll be the biggest Uncharted. But that's not much of an accomplishment when you note that the series is quite small when compared to other games. This is supposed to be their biggest IP outside of Gran Turismo, which releases every half a decade.

As such, Sony needs Uncharted to be as big as possible. If Sony wants Uncharted to at least be competitive with the bigger, more mainstream titles, then they're probably going to have to spend the big bucks.

Wise move, spending the money on a proven franchise & developer IMO, unlike Resistance.

Around the Network

Resistance 2 killed the series.

Uncharted 2 brought the series to life.

Uncharted 3 should be easily pushing 6 Million, if Sony advertise it right.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Spot on

and shows how silly the ad budget for Res 3 was... Res 3 had no chance of meaningful success and so awarding the biggest budget of any sony game up to that point was barmy.

...should have saved most of it and spent even more on U3 to push it onwards and upwards.

guess sony wanted to give insomniac a nice send off seeing as this is probably their last exclusive game. didnt work out so well as resistance 3 sales are quite simply shit.

UC3 deserves it!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Spot on

and shows how silly the ad budget for Res 3 was... Res 3 had no chance of meaningful success and so awarding the biggest budget of any sony game up to that point was barmy.

...should have saved most of it and spent even more on U3 to push it onwards and upwards.

guess sony wanted to give insomniac a nice send off seeing as this is probably their last exclusive game. didnt work out so well as resistance 3 sales are quite simply shit.

well its really not that bad. 500k+ is damn good for most games but its still  a far cry from what R1 did. i'm not really sure what changed in the franchise to run people away but R2 must have really did something bad for R3 to sell this bad.

Sony should push very hard with U3 in both UK and US, because they need to push hardware in both locations (being those 2 huge gaming regions).

They shouldn´t have waisted that mutch money on R3 in UK (IMO), and realocate those investments on U3 in US. US is another animal, you need to come strong or go home when it comes to advertisement.

It is nice to confirm those £5m in UK, it would we great to see American buget confirmed.

Uncharted is coming strong this year, and will prove doubters wrong, when it comes to release date.