By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Gets Sony's Biggest Marketing Push Ever in the UK.

JamaicameCRAZY said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Munkeh111 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Resistance 2 killed the series.

Uncharted 2 brought the series to life.

Uncharted 3 should be easily pushing 6 Million, if Sony advertise it right.

Spot on

and shows how silly the ad budget for Res 3 was... Res 3 had no chance of meaningful success and so awarding the biggest budget of any sony game up to that point was barmy.

...should have saved most of it and spent even more on U3 to push it onwards and upwards.

guess sony wanted to give insomniac a nice send off seeing as this is probably their last exclusive game. didnt work out so well as resistance 3 sales are quite simply shit.

well its really not that bad. 500k+ is damn good for most games but its still  a far cry from what R1 did. i'm not really sure what changed in the franchise to run people away but R2 must have really did something bad for R3 to sell this bad.

R1 did well mostly because there was nothing else. R2 turned up and was average, and had not moved on with the times, and just felt rubbish in comparison to CoD. I feel Insomniac made a large mistake in the first place with the grim tone of the Restistance games, they should have done something with a more Ratchet and Clank vibe

I think part of the reason that Uncharted does so well is that there is fun mixed in with the seriousness, whereas Resistance was a bit grey and depressing

ok? but i still don't see that as a reason to drive people away. i don't kknow about the R&C type game. its just that they needed to expand there appeal and with the resistance franchise i think thay accomplished that.

i must admit watching R2's gameplay on G4 didn't pull me in so i think thats what did it.

I think its a lot of reasons why Resistance hasnt pulled off the numbers it has in the past. 

To me the biggest reason why is the ending of R2 that was the biggest middle finger i have ever gotten from a game, i cant fathom why they did that. Then with the new one its a new lead character i think that hurt it. When they changed cole look at the backlash sucker punch got from that. Its almost like a new series from that point to me, you cant just change the lead and expect that series to pull in the same numbers.  There's how the R2 didnt have the same vibe as the 1st, went kind like a halo wanabe (imo). Lastly among many more problems that im not going to go into you cant make some of the mistakes they have made and expect the series to do better people have formulated their opinion and they are going to move on to something else and just give up on Resistance. 

I loved resistance 1 and resistance 2 had things i enjoyed but when they ended it the way they did it really hurt the series for me. I was so pumped for the 3rd one when it was announced then i heard about the new character and just wasnt looking forward to it and i never ended up picking it up. Sucks.

well changing the lead i'd have to say was an artistic vision eventhough it had a hand in killng the franchise. the difference in the R3 and Infamous2 was thta the character Infamous2 looked like some dick who road a skate board and not a guy that went through hell on the first one.

i understand your disapointment but i think you should pick up R3. while reviewers may have mixed reactions its really does have that hopelessness fill to it, and thats where i think it shines. also i saw the online multiplayer and while the weapons abilities are impressively cheap you have to give them credit for noot hanging the weapons or leaving any out like KZ or many other shooters.

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
did you really need to post that 4 times? lol

you know how this site gets now a days. i'm sure he was having hell getting it posted but wht he should have done as after the fisrt click was open a new tab to the thread and see if it had been posted already. 

i've found that once you click then your post likely went through already.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Munkeh111 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Spot on

and shows how silly the ad budget for Res 3 was... Res 3 had no chance of meaningful success and so awarding the biggest budget of any sony game up to that point was barmy.

...should have saved most of it and spent even more on U3 to push it onwards and upwards.

guess sony wanted to give insomniac a nice send off seeing as this is probably their last exclusive game. didnt work out so well as resistance 3 sales are quite simply shit.

well its really not that bad. 500k+ is damn good for most games but its still  a far cry from what R1 did. i'm not really sure what changed in the franchise to run people away but R2 must have really did something bad for R3 to sell this bad.

R1 did well mostly because there was nothing else. R2 turned up and was average, and had not moved on with the times, and just felt rubbish in comparison to CoD. I feel Insomniac made a large mistake in the first place with the grim tone of the Restistance games, they should have done something with a more Ratchet and Clank vibe

I think part of the reason that Uncharted does so well is that there is fun mixed in with the seriousness, whereas Resistance was a bit grey and depressing

ok? but i still don't see that as a reason to drive people away. i don't kknow about the R&C type game. its just that they needed to expand there appeal and with the resistance franchise i think thay accomplished that.

i must admit watching R2's gameplay on G4 didn't pull me in so i think thats what did it.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Killzone 2 (and later on Killzone 3) as the demise of the Resistance series. I know the hype around Killzone 2 is what held me off from buying Resistance 2 and then Killzone 3 released before R3 so I already had my PS3 exclusive shooter need fulfilled.

PS for US newegg has Uncharted 3 with a coupon code EMCYTZT836 for $46.99 + free UPS 3 day so I have officially preordered as of today.

edit* $47.99 sorry

Hide your kids, hide your wife

TauKappaNASA said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Munkeh111 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Spot on

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Killzone 2 (and later on Killzone 3) as the demise of the Resistance series. I know the hype around Killzone 2 is what held me off from buying Resistance 2 and then Killzone 3 released before R3 so I already had my PS3 exclusive shooter need fulfilled.

PS for US newegg has Uncharted 3 with a coupon code EMCYTZT836 for $46.99 + free UPS 3 day so I have officially preordered as of today.

edit* $47.99 sorry

well considering it was Insomniaces first FPS they had some learnig to do. hope-fully Overstrike will perform better. well as big of a KZ fan as i am. I'M a bigger fan of insomniac so R3 wold have been first on my list, but you have a point.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

you know how this site gets now a days. i'm sure he was having hell getting it posted but wht he should have done as after the fisrt click was open a new tab to the thread and see if it had been posted already. 

lol yeh i know, i was only messing around. it does it to me all the time!

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

where have you ben? i've been calling you for months with no answer! no i don't even want to hear it! you left me. and i was worried about you?

i'm hurt and you could never take away the pain, but its nice to have you back lol.

so was it funny lol?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

where have you ben? i've been calling you for months with no answer! no i don't even want to hear it! you left me. and i was worried about you?

i'm hurt and you could never take away the pain, but its nice to have you back lol.

so was it funny lol?

i needed the space, im sorry. BUT i am back.. i wont leave you like this again

naruball said:
x_DMX_x said:
Well if it weren't for the massive hype surrounding Uncharted 3 it wouldn't sell like most games but, just because they're spending this much money to market it.This will be the second time I buy a new game at $65 price.I brought Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm:2 at $65 release day.I don't regret it but UNS1 was Wayyy better.

Dude, I don't buy games day one either, but Naruto Ninja Storm 2 was the first one I paid full price on launch (and the first one I platinumed). Though in my opinion, NUNS2> 1

OT: I'm happy that Sony are trying harder for U3, as it seems to be an amazing game, but I don't like shooters at all so I'll give it a miss.

Im most likely going to buy the collectors edition of Uncharted 3 im going to preorder it soon.I hope its not to late(I think).I never buy games at full price unless its great.The only games im buying at full price is Zelda,Uncharted,Assasins Creed(The PS3 version comes with the original game),and Naruto Generations.

PS:UNS1 was the best to because it just had so much more features.In the battle's but UNS2 has more fcharacters and online thats mostly why I like it.

PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

so was it funny lol?

i needed the space, im sorry. BUT i am back.. i wont leave you like this again

cool. so did you think it was funny? i'm going to PSN you.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

Yea it gave me some trouble but i also had no internet connection at the time too. So i couldnt even reload the page or open a new one but it did allow me to keep clicking submit. Sorry

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!