By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Poll: Israel or Palestine?

Who do you support in the conflict and why?

Israel 124 34.35%

Palestine 235 65.10%

Total:359
chris.m95 said:
esssam said:
brendude13 said:
I don't know very much on the matter, but from what I have seen, I would have to say Israel.

From what you've seen in your biased media???

How about you see this:http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive/atrocities.htm

both sides have that kind of material its best to keep out of that propaganda because its very biased and twisted on both sides

True.

And that link was just innapropriate.

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
esssam said:
brendude13 said:
I don't know very much on the matter, but from what I have seen, I would have to say Israel.

both sides have that kind of material its best to keep out of that propaganda because its very biased and twisted on both sides

can you please show me such material of the other side??? please? How is it propaganda? just because this material isnt shown on your news channel means its propaganda?? It actually is the truth, and I know palestinians who have lived and experienced it all

pezus said:
I expect Israel to win this vote, because of the heavy US bias of this site's audience. That said, I support Palestine more than Israel.

I don't support the US at all but I still voted Israel.

I guess I don't know much on the subject.

since this seems to be about status....should something that isnt a state, cant function as a state, relies on aid to function in the capacity it does and only at the discretion of someone else and openly calls for the destruction of other states be considered a state ? no, of course not.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

esssam said:
chris.m95 said:
esssam said:
brendude13 said:

can you please show me such material of the other side??? please? How is it propaganda? just because this material isnt shown on your news channel means its propaganda?? It actually is the truth, and I know palestinians who have lived and experienced it all

Search for pallywood in youtube.

Around the Network
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
pezus said:
I expect Israel to win this vote, because of the heavy US bias of this site's audience. That said, I support Palestine more than Israel.

I don't support the US at all but I still voted Israel.

I guess I don't know much on the subject.

I just meant that people from the US are in the majority on this site, and I think the US heavily favours Israel over Palestine (the opposite to most countries I know of). 

Oh, ok.

Still, I really don't know much on the subject, so I don't vote for anyone.

esssam said:
chris.m95 said:
esssam said:
brendude13 said:

I have none to show but i have alot of friends at school who support palastine and isreal as many have come from there and both sides have different sick and twisted versions of events anyway as i said before im not taking sides its just too messy.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

MrBubbles said:
since this seems to be about status....should something that isnt a state, cant function as a state, relies on aid to function in the capacity it does and only at the discretion of someone else and openly calls for the destruction of other states be considered a state ? no, of course not.

And why isnt it a state? why can it not function as a state? why does it rely on aid? Isnt is because of Israel!! Because it isnt allowing palestine to be a state and is making them weaker by the day through massacres and attacks?

Wait... they openly call for destruction?? Isnt that only against Israel and no body else??? Isnt it because Israel has destroyed their homes and murdered their children? There is a reason behind your statement and that reason is Israel.

osamanobama said:
well the land belongs to the israelis, so i would have to say Israel

This.

esssam said:
Slimebeast said:
Israel, always.

Because I feel deep sympathy with the Jews and their right to their historical homeland. I will not sympathise with anyone who is hostile towards Israel and the Jews.

awwwwww, the poor jews have had people killed because of a "terrorist" suicide bomber :( sniff sniff.... What about the thousands of palestinians who were butchered in return and pushed out of their homes and land?? What about the air strike on Gaza which was financially fuelled by the US and many thousands of men, women & children were killed? What about Israel & USA denying Palestine its rights to get recognised as a state, when ALL other countries said YES???

well I think I feel sympathy towards the jews too, especially because palestine was 'religiously' their land so that gives them every reason to murder its citizens to rightfully take it back... my final question is, why exactly do you feel sympathy towards the jews??? The media makes you think that Israelis are the ones being attacked by so called 'terrorists' when Israel is the one who attacked in the first place...

No, it's not about terrorists. It's about the essence of the conflict, about Israel's right to exist. That's what the conflict is about. Arabs rejected and still reject the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East. If Israel gave the West Bank and a Palestinian state was formed the conflict would continue and we'd just get the same situation we had before the West Bank was occupied namely that the whole Arab/muslim world rejects the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East.

Israel has offered peace in exchange for secure borders multiple times but the Palestinians  walked out from negotiations. Abbas is just trying a different strategy by going to the Israel-hating UN since he knows that the majority of Arabs  and muslims in the world would never accept a negotiated peace deal with Israel anyway.

And about your description of media's stance towards the conflict it sound like you live in the USA. USA is an exception with its warm attitude towards Israel. In most of the rest of the world media is anti-Israel.