By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Poll: Israel or Palestine?

Who do you support in the conflict and why?

Israel 124 34.35%

Palestine 235 65.10%

Total:359
Joelcool7 said:

I assume your talking politically.

I have to say while I do disagree with many actions Israel has taken in recent years. I can't support Palestine for various reasons.

What do I like about Israel. Israel is a democratic state that ensures civilians the same freedoms the west does and while their is plenty of racism and prejudices held by the people the Government allows freedom's that Palestine doesn't. Thing's like prison conditions for enemy combatants are as good and in some cases superior to North American systems. Terrorists aren't killed for their discretion and their families are allowed to visit them on a regular basis. Israel protects many religious minorities and enables Christians, Muslims and Jews to worship freely. Freedom of the press is another big issue and freedom of expression.

What I disagree with Israel on. I think Israel is to arrogant and unwilling to dedicate itself to the two state solution. Israel has gotten nowhere with Palestine in negotiations so they should make a unilateral move that will show good faith. I think Israel should halt all expansion into Palestine immediately and then work on dismantling settlements slowly over time receding back to Israel.

What I don't like about Palestine. The people are my biggest dislike the countries people don't know what they want and don't try to achieve their goals in a mature manner. In some areas religion can be practiced freely while others Government supported troops and fighters will burn your church and assassinate your elders. The people claim to want peace yet they elect a terrorist organization opposed to peace. The country splits in two because the Government can't function properly.

The people turn to violence to express their anger with Israel resorting to terrorist attacks which eventually provoke a response from Israel. Then those bellyaching extremists get upset that Israel responded and seek revenge by attacking Israel again this leads to an endless cycle of violence. Israel has tried to hold back sometimes not responding to dozens of rockets. But eventually Israel needs to respond and when they do the Palestinian extremists get upset and get the people even more riled up.

Then there is the negotiations with Israel. The Israeli Government froze settlement expansion for a while a show they were serious about negotiating with Palestine. What did Palestine compromise? Nothing, they claim to have proposed land swaps to Israel but never went through with anything basically an empty gesture. So Israel did the wrong thing and restarted settlement expansion which I think was a dick move. However the Palestinians were obviously unwilling or incapable of negotiating a settlement. It was Palestine who left the negotiating table not Israel. Then Palestine decided to try and use the United Nations to blackmail Israel and manipulate the world to give them what they wanted. So Palestine proposed a move to the UN to recognize the state of Palestine. However they knew that if the UN accepted their proposal they would be recognizing their border. Any move by the UN would bully Israel and pit the UN against Israel interfering in Israel sovereignty.

So why do I choose Israel because they actually have values a stable democratic Government. Palestine's Government (Including Hamas) are a bunch of terrorists who use fear to control there people, they are under handed using illegal methods or anything they can to get what they want at the expense of everyone including there own people. Hamas when firing a rocket knows very well that in doing so Israel will respond and Palestinians will die. But the Palestinian groups don't care how many Palestinians are killed do to their attacks they see these deaths as tools to keep them in power. As long as Hamas can keep Israel bombing Gaza and killing Palestinians they will have huge support and be able to manipulate the people.

Fact is its a choice of a corrupt greedy democracy with at least some sense of morality. Or a group of disorganized authorities that promote terrorist activities the killing of their own people , oppressing religious minorities and ruling the country through fear!

The thing is, you may name them terrorists but what these people want is their land which was taken from them in the first place..... Israel is basically a group of people who forcefully entered a country, killed its people and used its land to create its own nation. What the palestinians want are their rights. Israel has all the weaponry and such while palestinians' only weapons are the use of suicide bombers (thus they are automatically classified as terrorists). If a palestinian killed an israeli, israel kills 50 people in return (including women & children) and the cycle goes on, if you look at the amount of dead people on both sides dead palestinians are about 10 times (or more) as much as the dead israelis.. As an example, in the gaza war from december 2008 to january 2009 israeli casualties were 13 compared to 1417 dead palestinians.. Im sorry but now you cant call the palestinians 'Terrorists', in fact it IS the opposite way around but the american and israeli media are being completely biased. What about the freedom flotilla? You think this was israelis acting in "self defence??"!

Honestly, no matter how much you argue, there cant be any other reason for why palestinians are angry from israelis, and you definitely cant just blindly call it 'Terrorism' which simply happens without reason because everything has a reason...

In the end, the palestinians are the ones who rightfully own the land now named 'Israel' which is why the palestinians will never give up.... Israel have always been calling for peace? fine, palestine went to the UN to get recognised as a different state to achieve peace but NO USA has to intervene somehow and veto everything in sight so that israel can stay in control and freeze their development. Even though Obama himself had said a year ago that palestinians should have their own recognised state.. but why did he contradict himself then? because jews control the american economy and Obama obviously wants to get reelected. 

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
I don't know very much on the matter, but from what I have seen, I would have to say Israel.

From what you've seen in your biased media???

How about you see this:http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive/atrocities.htm (Do not open if faint hearted)

well the land belongs to the israelis, so i would have to say Israel

esssam said:
Joelcool7 said:

I assume your talking politically.

I have to say while I do disagree with many actions Israel has taken in recent years. I can't support Palestine for various reasons.

What do I like about Israel. Israel is a democratic state that ensures civilians the same freedoms the west does and while their is plenty of racism and prejudices held by the people the Government allows freedom's that Palestine doesn't. Thing's like prison conditions for enemy combatants are as good and in some cases superior to North American systems. Terrorists aren't killed for their discretion and their families are allowed to visit them on a regular basis. Israel protects many religious minorities and enables Christians, Muslims and Jews to worship freely. Freedom of the press is another big issue and freedom of expression.

What I disagree with Israel on. I think Israel is to arrogant and unwilling to dedicate itself to the two state solution. Israel has gotten nowhere with Palestine in negotiations so they should make a unilateral move that will show good faith. I think Israel should halt all expansion into Palestine immediately and then work on dismantling settlements slowly over time receding back to Israel.

What I don't like about Palestine. The people are my biggest dislike the countries people don't know what they want and don't try to achieve their goals in a mature manner. In some areas religion can be practiced freely while others Government supported troops and fighters will burn your church and assassinate your elders. The people claim to want peace yet they elect a terrorist organization opposed to peace. The country splits in two because the Government can't function properly.

The people turn to violence to express their anger with Israel resorting to terrorist attacks which eventually provoke a response from Israel. Then those bellyaching extremists get upset that Israel responded and seek revenge by attacking Israel again this leads to an endless cycle of violence. Israel has tried to hold back sometimes not responding to dozens of rockets. But eventually Israel needs to respond and when they do the Palestinian extremists get upset and get the people even more riled up.

Then there is the negotiations with Israel. The Israeli Government froze settlement expansion for a while a show they were serious about negotiating with Palestine. What did Palestine compromise? Nothing, they claim to have proposed land swaps to Israel but never went through with anything basically an empty gesture. So Israel did the wrong thing and restarted settlement expansion which I think was a dick move. However the Palestinians were obviously unwilling or incapable of negotiating a settlement. It was Palestine who left the negotiating table not Israel. Then Palestine decided to try and use the United Nations to blackmail Israel and manipulate the world to give them what they wanted. So Palestine proposed a move to the UN to recognize the state of Palestine. However they knew that if the UN accepted their proposal they would be recognizing their border. Any move by the UN would bully Israel and pit the UN against Israel interfering in Israel sovereignty.

So why do I choose Israel because they actually have values a stable democratic Government. Palestine's Government (Including Hamas) are a bunch of terrorists who use fear to control there people, they are under handed using illegal methods or anything they can to get what they want at the expense of everyone including there own people. Hamas when firing a rocket knows very well that in doing so Israel will respond and Palestinians will die. But the Palestinian groups don't care how many Palestinians are killed do to their attacks they see these deaths as tools to keep them in power. As long as Hamas can keep Israel bombing Gaza and killing Palestinians they will have huge support and be able to manipulate the people.

Fact is its a choice of a corrupt greedy democracy with at least some sense of morality. Or a group of disorganized authorities that promote terrorist activities the killing of their own people , oppressing religious minorities and ruling the country through fear!

The thing is, you may name them terrorists but what these people want is their land which was taken from them in the first place..... Israel is basically a group of people who forcefully entered a country, killed its people and used its land to create its own nation. What the palestinians want are their rights. Israel has all the weaponry and such while palestinians' only weapons are the use of suicide bombers (thus they are automatically classified as terrorists). If a palestinian killed an israeli, israel kills 50 people in return (including women & children) and the cycle goes on, if you look at the amount of dead people on both sides dead palestinians are about 10 times (or more) as much as the dead israelis.. As an example, in the gaza war from december 2008 to january 2009 israeli casualties were 13 compared to 1417 dead palestinians.. Im sorry but now you cant call the palestinians 'Terrorists', in fact it IS the opposite way around but the american and israeli media are being completely biased. What about the freedom flotilla? You think this was israelis acting in "self defence??"!

Honestly, no matter how much you argue, there cant be any other reason for why palestinians are angry from israelis, and you definitely cant just blindly call it 'Terrorism' which simply happens without reason because everything has a reason...

In the end, the palestinians are the ones who rightfully own the land now named 'Israel' which is why the palestinians will never give up.... Israel have always been calling for peace? fine, palestine went to the UN to get recognised as a different state to achieve peace but NO USA has to intervene somehow and veto everything in sight so that israel can stay in control and freeze their development. Even though Obama himself had said a year ago that palestinians should have their own recognised state.. but why did he contradict himself then? because jews control the american economy and Obama obviously wants to get reelected. 

Just stating facts, not taking sides. isreal was alocated that land after WW2 so that the jews could escape persecution and have a country to call their own.  there are much less people in ireal than palastine and the surrounding arab countries. At different points in time both coutries have opted for peace but nothing has ever happened on that front. The jews built a massive wall and i can see why this angered palistinians. The gaza strip is a peice of land that both sides want because both sides are greedy (nothing more) Terrorist groups formed there in order to re-take what they claimed was their land, they just cant get on with the isreal because again theyn are greedy. Both sides bomb each other etc etc the fact that isreal is less dencely populated is one of the factors that has minimised casualties plus the fact that they have a much better healthcare system. Overall both sides have attacked each other on an equal amount of occassion. these terrorists are greedy radicals and nothing more and both sides should just stop and get on.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

NNN2004 said:
am Palestinian so you know my answer.

Israel? :P

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

Being Israeli, it's a very easy choice.

esssam said:
brendude13 said:
I don't know very much on the matter, but from what I have seen, I would have to say Israel.

From what you've seen in your biased media???

How about you see this:http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive/atrocities.htm

both sides have that kind of material its best to keep out of that propaganda because its very biased and twisted on both sides

PSN addy - mrx95

Slimebeast said:
Israel, always.

Because I feel deep sympathy with the Jews and their right to their historical homeland. I will not sympathise with anyone who is hostile towards Israel and the Jews.

awwwwww, the poor jews have had people killed because of a "terrorist" suicide bomber :( sniff sniff.... What about the thousands of palestinians who were butchered in return and pushed out of their homes and land?? What about the air strike on Gaza which was financially fuelled by the US and many thousands of men, women & children were killed? What about Israel & USA denying Palestine its rights to get recognised as a state, when ALL other countries said YES???

well I think I feel sympathy towards the jews too, especially because palestine was 'religiously' their land so that gives them every reason to murder its citizens to rightfully take it back... my final question is, why exactly do you feel sympathy towards the jews??? The media makes you think that Israelis are the ones being attacked by so called 'terrorists' when Israel is the one who attacked in the first place...

osamanobama said:
well the land belongs to the israelis, so i would have to say Israel

The land belongs only by Israeli fiat. By that logic we should never have gotten involved in the first Gulf War, because Kuwait was Iraqi just as legitimately as a good deal of "Israeli" territory

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The one that it's a democracy.