By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Poll: Israel or Palestine?

Who do you support in the conflict and why?

Israel 124 34.35%

Palestine 235 65.10%

Total:359

Don't ask for other's opinion if you aren't going to accept them.

Around the Network
esssam said:
MrBubbles said:
since this seems to be about status....should something that isnt a state, cant function as a state, relies on aid to function in the capacity it does and only at the discretion of someone else and openly calls for the destruction of other states be considered a state ? no, of course not.

And why isnt it a state? why can it not function as a state? why does it rely on aid? Isnt is because of Israel!! Because it isnt allowing palestine to be a state and is making them weaker by the day through massacres and attacks?

Wait... they openly call for destruction?? Isnt that only against Israel and no body else??? Isnt it because Israel has destroyed their homes and murdered their children? There is a reason behind your statement and that reason is Israel.

without israel there wouldnt even be a palestine.  you know, when other arab states decided they would rather have the land, including the palestinian state of jordan.   And quite frankly if there were daily massacres by the israelis they would have just killed them all off a long time ago because its simpler.  israel respects human rights and treats all of their citizens equally, unlike the terrorist palestinian governments, who have openly said there will be no jews allowed in any state of palestine(which encompasses the entire land of israel the west bank and gaza) wonder what their plans are for them?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Kynes said:
Don't ask for other's opinion if you aren't going to accept them.

Its not that i dont accept them, its just that I want to discuss the subject and express my opinion just as many others have done!

Slimebeast said:
esssam said:
Slimebeast said:
Israel, always.

Because I feel deep sympathy with the Jews and their right to their historical homeland. I will not sympathise with anyone who is hostile towards Israel and the Jews.

awwwwww, the poor jews have had people killed because of a "terrorist" suicide bomber :( sniff sniff.... What about the thousands of palestinians who were butchered in return and pushed out of their homes and land?? What about the air strike on Gaza which was financially fuelled by the US and many thousands of men, women & children were killed? What about Israel & USA denying Palestine its rights to get recognised as a state, when ALL other countries said YES???

well I think I feel sympathy towards the jews too, especially because palestine was 'religiously' their land so that gives them every reason to murder its citizens to rightfully take it back... my final question is, why exactly do you feel sympathy towards the jews??? The media makes you think that Israelis are the ones being attacked by so called 'terrorists' when Israel is the one who attacked in the first place...

No, it's not about terrorists. It's about the essence of the conflict, about Israel's right to exist. That's what the conflict is about. Arabs rejected and still reject the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East. If Israel gave the West Bank and a Palestinian state was formed the conflict would continue and we'd just get the same situation we had before the West Bank was occupied namely that the whole Arab/muslim world rejects the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East.

Israel has offered peace in exchange for secure borders multiple times but the Palestinians  walked out from negotiations. Abbas is just trying a different strategy by going to the Israel-hating UN since he knows that the majority of Arabs  and muslims in the world would never accept a negotiated peace deal with Israel anyway.

It seems to me that the Muslim world is willing to tolerate Israel's criminal behavior currently, so what would change if Israel made concessions? Israel would still be strong enough that no-one would want tangle with them, and so long as the concessions Israel made wouldn't leave the West Bank a crippled non-state riddled with Israeli military highways and restricted areas, the Israel-haters would lose a good deal of legitimacy, and this loss of legitimacy would extend to Hamas

Given its strength, Israel can afford to make all the land concessions it pleases and not have to worry one iota about security, and therefore it should make the concessions that are only fair and just for it to make.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Assuming this means, who's fault it is that peace talks aren't progressing.

In which case it's fairly clearly Palestine.

People keep looking at the Palestine papers the wrong way.

If Israel turned down that deal, it surely is bad on them....

however what does it say about Palestine that it's offering deals it can't even tell it's people about because even just offering such a deal would mean the negotiators would have to resign?

Fatah and ESPECIALLY Hamas, haven't prepared the Palestinian people at all for the situation they're in, pretending that they are an equal in negotiations.

Which generally seems to be the history of the Palestinian/Jewish conflict.

The Palestinians always want to play a stronger card then they have. Had they been reasonable from the start, Israel would of been extremely tiny and not worth mentioning in the state of world affairs.

Had Palestine looked at the Palestine papers and said "They're true!"  instead of "That never happened!" We'd probably have a Palestinian state based on Palestine's offer by the end of 2012.

Around the Network

Both parties are mostly rabbid, one of them happens to be a state. I condone the actions of neither.

MrBubbles said:
esssam said:
MrBubbles said:
since this seems to be about status....should something that isnt a state, cant function as a state, relies on aid to function in the capacity it does and only at the discretion of someone else and openly calls for the destruction of other states be considered a state ? no, of course not.

And why isnt it a state? why can it not function as a state? why does it rely on aid? Isnt is because of Israel!! Because it isnt allowing palestine to be a state and is making them weaker by the day through massacres and attacks?

Wait... they openly call for destruction?? Isnt that only against Israel and no body else??? Isnt it because Israel has destroyed their homes and murdered their children? There is a reason behind your statement and that reason is Israel.

without israel there wouldnt even be a palestine.  you know, when other arab states decided they would rather have the land, including the palestinian state of jordan.   And quite frankly if there were daily massacres by the israelis they would have just killed them all off a long time ago because its simpler.  israel respects human rights and treats all of their citizens equally, unlike the terrorist palestinian governments, who have openly said there will be no jews allowed in any state of palestine(which encompasses the entire land of israel the west bank and gaza) wonder what their plans are for them?

Wonder what would happen if Israel just decided to stop negotating with Palestine and instead negotiated with Jordan and Egypt about giving them most of the land back that they were occupying back then at that time.

yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
well the land belongs to the israelis, so i would have to say Israel

This.

And how does it belong to them? is it because it used to be theirs according to religion?? ok, but does this give them an excuse to conquer it?? Lets say I used to live in a house and then I moved along and you came to rent it instead, does the fact that I used to live there before you give me an excuse to break in, physically vilate you and take the house? Because I really want to understand, when the jews were not in Israel were they taking a vacation just to come back to their "home" land again when it is finished?

esssam said:
chris.m95 said:
esssam said:
brendude13 said:
I don't know very much on the matter, but from what I have seen, I would have to say Israel.

From what you've seen in your biased media???

How about you see this:http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive/atrocities.htm

both sides have that kind of material its best to keep out of that propaganda because its very biased and twisted on both sides

can you please show me such material of the other side??? please? How is it propaganda? just because this material isnt shown on your news channel means its propaganda?? It actually is the truth, and I know palestinians who have lived and experienced it all

I admire your enthusiasm, but I already know first hand that people choose not to give a shit about Palestinians.

Having lived there and experienced the harsh treatment innocent civilians go through on a daily basis just to be labeled a sub-human at the end of the day ... I learned to not even talk about this subject a long time ago.

Victims have become the villains. Words can only take people so far, but I challenge anyone to go spend a week in the Gaza Strip and then tell me who the real victims are.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Kasz216 said:
MrBubbles said:
esssam said:
MrBubbles said:

Wonder what would happen if Israel just decided to stop negotating with Palestine and instead negotiated with Jordan and Egypt about giving them most of the land back that they were occupying back then at that time.

Jordan i know wants nothing to do with the West Bank. They wouldn't take it back as a gift freely given.

Egypt... it depends on where they wind up in the swing of this political transition (which is far from over as recent riots have shown, that and the fact that the government really didn't change or open up at all)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.