By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Poll: Israel or Palestine?

Who do you support in the conflict and why?

Israel 124 34.35%

Palestine 235 65.10%

Total:359
Kynes said:
Don't ask for other's opinion if you aren't going to accept them.

Yes

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
MrBubbles said:
esssam said:
MrBubbles said:
since this seems to be about status....should something that isnt a state, cant function as a state, relies on aid to function in the capacity it does and only at the discretion of someone else and openly calls for the destruction of other states be considered a state ? no, of course not.

And why isnt it a state? why can it not function as a state? why does it rely on aid? Isnt is because of Israel!! Because it isnt allowing palestine to be a state and is making them weaker by the day through massacres and attacks?

Wait... they openly call for destruction?? Isnt that only against Israel and no body else??? Isnt it because Israel has destroyed their homes and murdered their children? There is a reason behind your statement and that reason is Israel.

without israel there wouldnt even be a palestine.  you know, when other arab states decided they would rather have the land, including the palestinian state of jordan.   And quite frankly if there were daily massacres by the israelis they would have just killed them all off a long time ago because its simpler.  israel respects human rights and treats all of their citizens equally, unlike the terrorist palestinian governments, who have openly said there will be no jews allowed in any state of palestine(which encompasses the entire land of israel the west bank and gaza) wonder what their plans are for them?

Wonder what would happen if Israel just decided to stop negotating with Palestine and instead negotiated with Jordan and Egypt about giving them most of the land back that they were occupying back then at that time.

Jordan i know wants nothing to do with the West Bank. They wouldn't take it back as a gift freely given.

Egypt... it depends on where they wind up in the swing of this political transition (which is far from over as recent riots have shown, that and the fact that the government really didn't change or open up at all)

I wonder why.  I hear the West Bank has some pretty decent resources and when you consider that originally Palestine and Jordan were the same territory...

Mr Khan said:
Slimebeast said:
esssam said:
Slimebeast said:
Israel, always.

Because I feel deep sympathy with the Jews and their right to their historical homeland. I will not sympathise with anyone who is hostile towards Israel and the Jews.

awwwwww, the poor jews have had people killed because of a "terrorist" suicide bomber :( sniff sniff.... What about the thousands of palestinians who were butchered in return and pushed out of their homes and land?? What about the air strike on Gaza which was financially fuelled by the US and many thousands of men, women & children were killed? What about Israel & USA denying Palestine its rights to get recognised as a state, when ALL other countries said YES???

well I think I feel sympathy towards the jews too, especially because palestine was 'religiously' their land so that gives them every reason to murder its citizens to rightfully take it back... my final question is, why exactly do you feel sympathy towards the jews??? The media makes you think that Israelis are the ones being attacked by so called 'terrorists' when Israel is the one who attacked in the first place...

No, it's not about terrorists. It's about the essence of the conflict, about Israel's right to exist. That's what the conflict is about. Arabs rejected and still reject the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East. If Israel gave the West Bank and a Palestinian state was formed the conflict would continue and we'd just get the same situation we had before the West Bank was occupied namely that the whole Arab/muslim world rejects the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East.

Israel has offered peace in exchange for secure borders multiple times but the Palestinians  walked out from negotiations. Abbas is just trying a different strategy by going to the Israel-hating UN since he knows that the majority of Arabs  and muslims in the world would never accept a negotiated peace deal with Israel anyway.

It seems to me that the Muslim world is willing to tolerate Israel's criminal behavior currently, so what would change if Israel made concessions? Israel would still be strong enough that no-one would want tangle with them, and so long as the concessions Israel made wouldn't leave the West Bank a crippled non-state riddled with Israeli military highways and restricted areas, the Israel-haters would lose a good deal of legitimacy, and this loss of legitimacy would extend to Hamas

Given its strength, Israel can afford to make all the land concessions it pleases and not have to worry one iota about security, and therefore it should make the concessions that are only fair and just for it to make.

The arabs wanted to get rid of Israel before the occupation, so why would that change if Israel went to pre-1967 borders?

We would just see different arguments as disguise for the root issue  - Israels right to exist.  Instead of statehood the focus would shift toward  the right (of millions of Arab refugees) to return and about the status of Jerusalem. The Israel haters weren't satisfied when Israel gave up Gaza.

esssam said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
well the land belongs to the israelis, so i would have to say Israel

This.

And how does it belong to them? is it because it used to be theirs according to religion?? ok, but does this give them an excuse to conquer it?? Lets say I used to live in a house and then I moved along and you came to rent it instead, does the fact that I used to live there before you give me an excuse to break in, physically vilate you and take the house? Because I really want to understand, when the jews were not in Israel were they taking a vacation just to come back to their "home" land again when it is finished?

I like how your acting like the Jews picked up and intentionally left.  Either your bias is showing or lack of historical knowledge.

Either way it suggests you should take a step back from the thread you've created, and either stop buying into blatant propaganda or just learn more about the situation.

Essentially ask yourself this.  If Israel were to force out all the palestinians violently.... would the Palestinians have a right to take back their homeland at a later date.

If your answer here is yes.... then you are basically a hypocrit.

Nevermind the fact that the Jews didn't do it primarily through violence, but instead through money.

esssam said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
well the land belongs to the israelis, so i would have to say Israel

This.

And how does it belong to them? is it because it used to be theirs according to religion?? ok, but does this give them an excuse to conquer it?? Lets say I used to live in a house and then I moved along and you came to rent it instead, does the fact that I used to live there before you give me an excuse to break in, physically vilate you and take the house? Because I really want to understand, when the jews were not in Israel were they taking a vacation just to come back to their "home" land again when it is finished?

theres an awful lot of arab israelis living in israel for everyone to have been violently evicted from the territory as you are claiming.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
Kynes said:
Don't ask for other's opinion if you aren't going to accept them.

Yes

I created this thread to see how many support which side and to argue and discuss my points to them though I completely respect your opinion and all other opinions on this forum..

And what of the jews living all over the middle east forced to leave their home countries? where are the reparations for them? where is their right of return?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
MrBubbles said:
esssam said:
MrBubbles said:
since this seems to be about status....should something that isnt a state, cant function as a state, relies on aid to function in the capacity it does and only at the discretion of someone else and openly calls for the destruction of other states be considered a state ? no, of course not.

And why isnt it a state? why can it not function as a state? why does it rely on aid? Isnt is because of Israel!! Because it isnt allowing palestine to be a state and is making them weaker by the day through massacres and attacks?

Wait... they openly call for destruction?? Isnt that only against Israel and no body else??? Isnt it because Israel has destroyed their homes and murdered their children? There is a reason behind your statement and that reason is Israel.

without israel there wouldnt even be a palestine.  you know, when other arab states decided they would rather have the land, including the palestinian state of jordan.   And quite frankly if there were daily massacres by the israelis they would have just killed them all off a long time ago because its simpler.  israel respects human rights and treats all of their citizens equally, unlike the terrorist palestinian governments, who have openly said there will be no jews allowed in any state of palestine(which encompasses the entire land of israel the west bank and gaza) wonder what their plans are for them?

Wonder what would happen if Israel just decided to stop negotating with Palestine and instead negotiated with Jordan and Egypt about giving them most of the land back that they were occupying back then at that time.

Jordan i know wants nothing to do with the West Bank. They wouldn't take it back as a gift freely given.

Egypt... it depends on where they wind up in the swing of this political transition (which is far from over as recent riots have shown, that and the fact that the government really didn't change or open up at all)

I wonder why.  I hear the West Bank has some pretty decent resources and when you consider that originally Palestine and Jordan were the same territory...

Being Palestinian myself, I can tell you that the Jordan people really despise Palestinians. Ever since a shit load of them took refuge in Jordan back in the 1948 War. It's not even a poitical reason. They just want nothing to do with the people despite, as you mention, all the resources.

At least that's what I think anyways.

What's ironic about that is that Palestinians make up a good percent of Jordan.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

MrBubbles said:
And what of the jews living all over the middle east forced to leave their home countries? where are the reparations for them? where is their right of return?

They ended up in a first-world country. Who's complaining?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Israel has only existed since the end of the Second World War. Palestine has decreased in size as Israel has increased its boundaries and forced the Palestinians into refugee camps. Palestine will no longer exist as Israel expands its boundaries and the last remnants of Palestine disappears.