By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

Carl2291 said:
Okay so...

The 360 should drop next Week, due to the lack of 360 MW3 bundles (Which Im assuming caused about 75% of the boost). The PS3 should rise, simply due to it being the Holiday season, and the point that Uncharted 3 and MW3 didn't cause any kind of substantial boost.

Probably gonna be a small 360 win for the Week.

Should be anywhere from a 40-80k WOW boost in Japan off of new colors and bundles, so I would expect a comfortable PS3 victory.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

It looks very unlikely without a price cut. I think this gap will only increase and the PS3 will outsell 360 by close to or around 2 million by the end of the year. As of now it needs over 600k to go

I would have never thought MW3 could boost X360 like that... if the kinect boost is this big it could be closer than we think. Fortunetaly Ninokuni and FFXIII-2 should secure victory for PS3.

Microsoft is practically giving Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary edition away with the 360 250GB on black friday. They give away too much because they know they dont have enough.

Hmm. PS3 lead is bigger than I thought. Looks like PS3 has a better chance of holding onto number 1 (VG numbers) for year than I figured. 360 I think will eat away at the lead over next few weeks but looking at game releases PS3 should see enough demand in EMEAA and Japan to keep 360 from totally overtaking it. I might need to adjust some comments in other threads as I thought 360 was a tad closer WW than it is.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Let's break it down mathematically again. This week 360 is down YOY in EMEAA and Japan by 33k, or about 15%. This trend will likely continue and and will probably put it down by about 300k for the remaining 7 weeks of the year. Last year between EMEAA and Japan PS3 outsold 360 by just under 1.1 million in the last seven weeks. This year between 360 YOY declines and PS3 YOY gains, primarily thanks to new colors, a generally higher sales baseline, and FFXIII-2 in Japan, the gap will be closer to 1.75-2 million for the last 7 weeks. This means that 360 would need to outsell PS3 by 3.25-3.5 million in America in the same time frame or about 500k per week. Last year it only outsold it by 1.6 million. For another example, back in 2009 Wii outsold PS3 in Americas by 2.5 million in that timeframe.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Microsoft is practically giving Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary edition away with the 360 250GB on black friday. They give away too much because they know they dont have enough.

you know what,if next week PS3 get a boost a lot in Japan(next week MC's number),it's because MW3(PS3 ver),not Ninokuni
according to Japan amazon and some Japanese game store,MW3 will outsell Ninokuni at least 5:3
hell,even i see one store employee reported MW3(PS3 ver) sold 53copies,and Ninokuni just 5 in first day

postofficebuddy said:
Carl2291 said:
Okay so...

The 360 should drop next Week, due to the lack of 360 MW3 bundles (Which Im assuming caused about 75% of the boost). The PS3 should rise, simply due to it being the Holiday season, and the point that Uncharted 3 and MW3 didn't cause any kind of substantial boost.

Probably gonna be a small 360 win for the Week.

Should be anywhere from a 40-80k WOW boost in Japan off of new colors and bundles, so I would expect a comfortable PS3 victory.

are there new color bundles releasing next week in Jp?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

So 360 needs to beat PS3 by an average of 200K per week for the rest of the year. That's a steep hill to climb. Dare I say it I don't think it's possible.

360's peak weekly gap last year was just a shade under 200K on the week ending 25 Dec.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix