Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
pezus said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
I think Seece thinks theres a slight possibility of this Holiday being Wii-like for the 360 in America. It's definately possible, but the question is, is it enough to combat PS3 in "EMEAA" and Japan?

EMEAA is probably gonna be flat or slightly up for PS3, Japan will probably be up.

I'm on my phone now, but later Im gonna do some more research on probable/possible numbers for both.

Well, Wii esq in America isn't difficult, X360 outsold Wii in Oct and Nov last holiday, and was 500k behind Wii in December but that was down to shortages (as proved in Q1 the following Q when they shipped a massive amount than they normally do)

Europe is the key here.

EMEAA is a lost cause for 360. Even a price cut won't cut it at this point as you can see from Iberia and Australia.

MS's ambition is #1 in Europe, which isn't an impossible task, EMEAA (what with Asia ect) does highly favour PS3 and I don't think MS expect to be first overall there.

Europe won't happen either.

We'll see end of year, people are a bit misinformed of how much PS3 dominates the 360 there, they're not miles apart even after 5 years.

PS3 has a 2.3 million lead in Europe, and as Pezus points out with 360 having a year and a half 2 holiday head start. Yes, PS3 does dominate the 360 in Europe. And in regards to 360 winning Europe, they're over 11 million behind Wii. Good luck with that.

They're talking about this year, I was just noting the whole situation to point out how PS3 isn't dominating 360 there (it's leading comfortably yes) EMEAA skus peoples perceptions though.

Like I said, we'll see if they can pull if off end of year.

Around the Network

Looking difficulr, it will come down to holiday boost. 360 so far has the definite edge in NA holiday discounts. Every week great deals on hardware and that will be more important than a particular software title. Also wonderingin Europe if similar deals r being made

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Looking difficult, it will come down to holiday boost. 360 so far has the definite edge in NA holiday discounts. Every week great deals on hardware and that will be more important than a particular software title. Also wondering in Europe if similar deals r being made

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Seece said:
pezus said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
I think Seece thinks theres a slight possibility of this Holiday being Wii-like for the 360 in America. It's definately possible, but the question is, is it enough to combat PS3 in "EMEAA" and Japan?

EMEAA is probably gonna be flat or slightly up for PS3, Japan will probably be up.

I'm on my phone now, but later Im gonna do some more research on probable/possible numbers for both.

Well, Wii esq in America isn't difficult, X360 outsold Wii in Oct and Nov last holiday, and was 500k behind Wii in December but that was down to shortages (as proved in Q1 the following Q when they shipped a massive amount than they normally do)

Europe is the key here.

EMEAA is a lost cause for 360. Even a price cut won't cut it at this point as you can see from Iberia and Australia.

MS's ambition is #1 in Europe, which isn't an impossible task, EMEAA (what with Asia ect) does highly favour PS3 and I don't think MS expect to be first overall there.

Europe won't happen either.

We'll see end of year, people are a bit misinformed of how much PS3 dominates the 360 there, they're not miles apart even after 5 years.

na ps3 dominates completely in europe. come on.. it released 16 months later so give it some credit. also did you see the nintendo chart? hardly any 360 software in the top 20 in europe

page 6 will not load for the last several days

Around the Network
Makaha said:

page 6 will not load for the last several days

Either you meant to say "would not" for past tense, or you meant to say "will" and you have knowledge about the welfare of page 6 during the last few days before the apocalypse.

Updated, next update in a fortnight!

Seece said:

any chance you can start updating weekly rather ?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Okay so...

The 360 should drop next Week, due to the lack of 360 MW3 bundles (Which Im assuming caused about 75% of the boost). The PS3 should rise, simply due to it being the Holiday season, and the point that Uncharted 3 and MW3 didn't cause any kind of substantial boost.

Probably gonna be a small 360 win for the Week.

Shinobi-san said:
Seece said:

any chance you can start updating weekly rather ?

After BF when things drastically change weekly I'll try. It's not so much time now but I don't wanna overload my photobucket account, I may upgrade it though so I don't have that issue.