By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

Zlejedi said:
Jay520 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Youve got to give credit to MS for surviving the Ps3 slim momentum, PsMove and the Ps3 price cut altogether. And now their YOY is larger than Ps3's.

Microsoft crumbled the PS Slim momentum when they released the Xbox Slim. That momentum was pretty much gone entirely for the year. Also, Microsoft Didn't survive the PS Move. The PsMove was never a threat, especially not last year.

Really  ? I remember a lot of meltdows after Nintendo showed sales date from trackers with Move launch period.

If that is true, then I can only assume the meltdowns were far worse with the Kinect launch period.... and kinect's entire life actually.

Around the Network

So, 138 pages and PS3 won, it sold the most in 2011. 360 got closer only thanks to Americas. 360 continues to be the last in Europe and AP/MEA, as usual. Only good deals for 360 in high season, plus the COD madness in Americas helped 360 for the global figures. it must be remembered. PS3 killed 360 every week in 2011 in Europe and AP/MEA

Jay520 said:
Kai Master said:

360 would have lead in all countries except Japan is only MS didn't charge for XBox Live, the very one point that leads gamers to choose PS3 over 360 (BRD is not such a strong factor, moreover piracy is harder on PS3 as I heard).
MS did a critical mistake on charging for XBox Live, even is the service is more secure...

Not really. If MS didn't charge for online, they probably would sell an extra two to three million units maybe. This wouldn't even come close to countering the billions they make from Live.

That's not a question of money, that's a question of brand leadership/image and market share. M$ had the unique chance to beat Sony's long running (1995-2012) domination in European markets (except the UK which was won by 360), this could impact the next gen market share of M$.

i think microsoft may have had their last chance to stop ps3 from overtaking xbox 360.

pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
ils411 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Youve got to give credit to MS for surviving the Ps3 slim momentum, PsMove and the Ps3 price cut altogether. And now their YOY is larger than Ps3's.

Wait, What? Really now? If anything, its Sony who was able to survive the X360's momentum with the Slim, Kinect, massive $100 giftcards, numerous bundles and a $500M (2010) and $500M+  (2011) advertising budget.

If anything. Xbox was able to survive the onslaught of the Playstation brand from its domination of the 5th and 6th gen. 

truer words

oh come on

I lol'd

Around the Network

At CES Keynote Steve Ballmer said

360 Worldwide Sales Leader for 2011
Over 66M 360s sold
Over 18M Kinect sold
Over 40M Xbox Live Accounts

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Can't wait for the adjustments to arrive. Congrats to MS for getting 1st...I sure didn't think it was possible (for most of the time at least)

I thought they said Kinect shipped 18 million. Everything else they said was "sold".

I'm glad no one made a thread about PS3 winning 2011.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138655

15m+ sold in 2011.