By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

Acevil said:
You know for the first time this generation, I might give sims another chance with Forza 4 (Haven't touched one since GT3).

Did you try the Forza 3 demo?

Around the Network
Seece said:
Acevil said:
You know for the first time this generation, I might give sims another chance with Forza 4 (Haven't touched one since GT3).

Nope, haven't touched a racing sim since GT3. With that noted, I don't think I will get Forza 4 right away, I will wait a couple of months, maybe as early as December 26, and catch the game for 40 bucks. 

I typically enjoy Arcade/Sim Racing style which is PGR and Arcade Racing style which is NFS (non-shift series). 

Acevil said:
Seece said:
Acevil said:

Nope, haven't touched a racing sim since GT3. With that noted, I don't think I will get Forza 4 right away, I will wait a couple of months, maybe as early as December 26, and catch the game for 40 bucks. 

I typically enjoy Arcade/Sim Racing style which is PGR and Arcade Racing style which is NFS (non-shift series). 

Might be best to try the forza 3 demo then to see if it's your thing, (I don't think there is a Forza 4 demo, could be mistaken)

^ Played it, I really can't see the appeal of racing sims, much luck to it though, the graphics/environment is pretty impressive but i thought there'd be more car damage

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

^ Played it, I really can't see the appeal of racing sims, much luck to it though, the graphics/environment is pretty impressive but i thought there'd be more car damage

The lack of good asthetic car damage is rather disappointing really.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
NotStan said:

The lack of good asthetic car damage is rather disappointing really.

i managed to roll a car in the demo, my bumpers all fell off and it was scratched and dented to buggery...the engine packed in just after...

?

How the hell you managed that? :L, I had all assists off and the worst I had was skidding along and bumping into side guards at high speed :s - so the worst I've seen was some scratches on the sides, the whole two laps, I honestly thought bumpers would fall off etc, but to no avail, despite my constant hitting against the sides.

I watched the Inside Sim preview video that was linked to in this thread and they showed some decent looking damage (vid was 30 mins long, though). I wonder if the damage has to be enabled or something. Of course, the object of the game isn't to crash the car--that's Burnout's job! It's to race. Damage is good to have but it just means you're doing it wrong.

Wow weird, the damage that I've experienced was nothing compared to what you're describing, I'll give it a spin again later.

d21lewis said:
I watched the Inside Sim preview video that was linked to in this thread and they showed some decent looking damage (vid was 30 mins long, though). I wonder if the damage has to be enabled or something. Of course, the object of the game isn't to crash the car--that's Burnout's job! It's to race. Damage is good to have but it just means you're doing it wrong.

those inside sim guys are hardcore man... they now have a 15m video on which wheel you should use with forza 4

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NotStan said:
Wow weird, the damage that I've experienced was nothing compared to what you're describing, I'll give it a spin again later.

Same here...the damage is very disappointing compared to what I want.

I'm not expecting Burnout type damage but I want better damage effeccts than what is shown right now.