By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

Aldro said:

Putting aside the other titles (as quantity clearly is in favour of Sony), the biggest meta scored have so far been:
MS =
Forza 3 - 92
Gears 3 - 91
Sony =
LBP - 92
Uncharted 3 - ?

If Uncharted 3 is to land 91 or higher, review/critical acclaim wise, Sony is very likely to edge out MS in terms of .. well what I said, awards and reviews (which I do actually feel is quality). Then again some would already count SOTC&ICO Collection as it is already 91 but I don't do that, that aaainnt meeee! XD

Great reviews from Forza as expected!

Revelance to the topic at hand? I am not understanding the reason for this post, at all.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
Aldro said:

Putting aside the other titles (as quantity clearly is in favour of Sony), the biggest meta scored have so far been:
MS =
Forza 3 - 92
Gears 3 - 91
Sony =
LBP - 92
Uncharted 3 - ?

If Uncharted 3 is to land 91 or higher, review/critical acclaim wise, Sony is very likely to edge out MS in terms of .. well what I said, awards and reviews (which I do actually feel is quality). Then again some would already count SOTC&ICO Collection as it is already 91 but I don't do that, that aaainnt meeee! XD

Great reviews from Forza as expected!

Revelance to the topic at hand? I am not understanding the reason for this post, at all.

It's a feel good post.

sales2099 said:
evolution_1ne said:
sales2099 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

no they don't have an agenda, they're just fucking retarded

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

Finally a totally unbiased person to speak the truth

because what I posted was totally made up.....

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" let's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

yeah how dare PD make JUST a racing sim......

edit: it might seem like bias, but seriously if Forza4 matched GT5 feature for feature and did it better than GT5.....I say it's better than GT5, but currently it has half the content and people are calling it better based on reviews from the same people that knocked GT5 for being JUST a racing sim, whatever floats your boat , but whatever right as long as you enjoy it, but I will admit this it is more visually consistent (though falls short of GT at it's best), and damn sure sounds a fuck load better, which puzzles me as to why no one has mentioned this yet, the sound in Forza 4 beats GT5 ass

Heres the thing buddy......your playing a video game at the end of the day. Its a sim....but its also a video game. GT5 is a amazing sim.....but a bad video game. Forza 4 is a great sim AND a fantastic video game......hence a better overall package......hence the 90+ grade compared to a 84.

More in depth campaign, Better music, more detailed tracks, seamless menus, more online modes, more user generated options, more community oriented, Autovista, 500 premium cars as opposed to 200 in GT5, better car sounds.

Its more then just a sim....its a amazing video game. How dare PD just make a sim? How dare they get so lazy as to stop there. 

Cool story bro. Point still stands. GT5 is a great sim but suffers as a video game.

I can live with that

Offtopic:
LBP 2 is so overated ;).

Put them all together, and you have the ultimate automotive playground. A place where car buffs can come together and enjoy virtually every aspect of car culture you can think of - and engage in fierce, beautifully articulated competition. It's a remarkable achievement, and the reason why Forza 4 accelerates down the final straight and leaves Gran Turismo 5 eating its dust, crossing the finish line as the best racing game in the world today, tomorrow, and probably for the next few years http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/223681/review-forza-motorsport-4-360/

Around the Network

Turn 10 has to be one of the top 5 Western developers this gen. I can't really recally anyone else with a 4 game in 6 year throughput with a 90+ score every time.

Makes we happy MS built even more first parties if this is what to expect.

littlejudas said:
Turn 10 has to be one of the top 5 Western developers this gen. I can't really recally anyone else with a 4 game in 6 year throughput with a 90+ score every time.

Makes we happy MS built even more first parties if this is what to expect.

Yeah it is pretty dang impressive! Turn 10 is one of the best first party studios out there!

Wasn't expecting less as far as reviews go. Still going to be a while before I get it though just started playing Forza 2 and going to get the 3rd one before I move on to the 4th one.

Amazing reviews.
Doubt sales would come anywhere close to GT5 though.

Chris Hu said:
Wasn't expecting less as far as reviews go. Still going to be a while before I get it though just started playing Forza 2 and going to get the 3rd one before I move on to the 4th one.

Why are you doing that? lol

It's not like its a story-driven game. You can skip to the newest one and you won't miss anything. By playing all of them in a row you'll bore yourself.