By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

The demo looks very good and 60 fps is always a joy. There are a couple of low res textures near the track but the beautiful sky box more then makes up for it.

Driving the 458 Italia with all assists off was pretty easy. Not as hard to control as in GT5 but that's probably because it's a stock version rather then the over powered tuned version I'm used to in GT5. Going off the track feels a bit off, not a lot of loss of grip on the grass. Comparable to GT5 with tire grip set to low instead of real.

The AI was my biggest problem in the demo. I played them on the 2 hardest difficulty levels and although it's not difficult to get past them, their driving doesn't feel very realistic at all.
They tend to take the corners fast in slow out, instead of slow in fast out. If you brake where they brake you won't make the corner. If you brake in time to take the corner correctly you have a chance to get hit from behind or your inside and have to dodge cars in front of you on the exit of the corner.
They also brake in places where it's unnecessary to brake. Turning on the driving line explained it, it shows red braking sections where they are not needed and the red is always displayed too far into the corner.
The thrill of driving bumper to bumper with a human opponent without touching is still not there with the AI.

At least it's better then GT5 where the only challenge in A-spec is, how many cars can I lap before the race is over.

Around the Network

Cool stuff. I just hope that this pushes PD to make GT6 that much better.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

SvennoJ said:
The demo looks very good and 60 fps is always a joy. There are a couple of low res textures near the track but the beautiful sky box more then makes up for it.

Driving the 458 Italia with all assists off was pretty easy. Not as hard to control as in GT5 but that's probably because it's a stock version rather then the over powered tuned version I'm used to in GT5. Going off the track feels a bit off, not a lot of loss of grip on the grass. Comparable to GT5 with tire grip set to low instead of real.

The AI was my biggest problem in the demo. I played them on the 2 hardest difficulty levels and although it's not difficult to get past them, their driving doesn't feel very realistic at all.
They tend to take the corners fast in slow out, instead of slow in fast out. If you brake where they brake you won't make the corner. If you brake in time to take the corner correctly you have a chance to get hit from behind or your inside and have to dodge cars in front of you on the exit of the corner.
They also brake in places where it's unnecessary to brake. Turning on the driving line explained it, it shows red braking sections where they are not needed and the red is always displayed too far into the corner.
The thrill of driving bumper to bumper with a human opponent without touching is still not there with the AI.

At least it's better then GT5 where the only challenge in A-spec is, how many cars can I lap before the race is over.

Yes the AI are incredibly annoying! If I do a corner perfectly I will either smash into them because they brake early or I get rear ended. Also some of the drivers don't care where you are and will barrel into you if you are in their line.

Damn its down to 91 now.

93 is impossible now.

@Damage, yeah after purposely running into corners at 150mph, I still haven't lost any bumpers, although the car was badly "scratched", the mechanical degradation was evident though, it got much harder to control the car and I ended up spinning out of control ALOT.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

Whoa 91, didnt really see it coming.

No negative reviews though, so.. thats good.

Aldro said:

still highest racer this gen so no biggie

ZaneWane said:
Aldro said:

That title would belong to Forza 3. Forza 4 is tied with Mario Kart DS. There's slso an iOS game thats rated higher...

Carl2291 said:
ZaneWane said:
Aldro said:

That title would belong to Forza 3. Forza 4 is tied with Mario Kart DS. There's slso an iOS game thats rated higher...

Haha true that.

Even if it was highest rated, it could have been one of the top rated games this year! So yeah, I feel it's quite a biggie ;/

meant highest rated racing franchise