By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Simpsons May Get Canceled!!! ...

Tagged games:

Let them make it to 25, and end the series with a movie.

The show's quality has dropped a lot (though the last three seasons were an improvement IMO). I admit I'll miss them though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

What? $8 million just for recording your voice for a cartoon? I don't believe it.

When sitcom actors can cash $1 million per episode (which is $20-25m per season), then it isn't hard to believe that the voice actors for the Simpsons get paid that much. With a show that popular you want to avoid any changes that may upset the viewers and the actors of course want their fair share of the profits the show generates.

I still don't believe it. An A class Hollywood actor typically gets $8-10 million for a movie (if he is not Leonardo Dicaprio or Will Smith) and a movie including preparations takes a year for an actor to make.

It would be a shame to end a show like The Simpsons for something like this.

A 45% pay cut is way too much to believe the network will succeed, and the cast proposition seems more sensible (although the % of the profits sure outweigh the 30% pay cut). In the end there is so much money involved to believe it will happen. Fox makes too much money from the show to lose it, specially now, and the actors don't want to lose their well paid job.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

I still don't believe it. An A class Hollywood actor typically gets $8-10 million for a movie (if he is not Leonardo Dicaprio or Will Smith) and a movie including preparations takes a year for an actor to make.

But in the end a movie is just about two hours long while a full season for a show is eight to ten hours. I haven't looked at DVD prices in a while, but a full season should easily cost more than a single movie. And while the movie has also theaters to generate money, the TV show has commercial breaks; ads during prime time bring in a lot of money.

Yeah but I thought voice actors got paid like a 10th of movie actors. It's so easy to voice act,you just read from freaking script lol. And you could probably get a good replacement for any of those used in the Simpsons (xcept for Bart maybe) and most people wouldn't even recognize.

When this guys from Star Trek who also is in Oblivion and Castlevania, when he does voice acting he does no preparations, doesn't even read the script beforehand, he just walks in the studio and reads!

Slimebeast said:

Yeah but I thought voice actors got paid like a 10th of movie actors. It's so easy to voice act,you just read from freaking script lol. And you could probably get a good replacement for any of those used in the Simpsons (xcept for Bart maybe) and most people wouldn't even recognize.

You're nuts if you think fans wouldn't realize a voice actor has been changed. You must not be aware some of those voice actors do numerous characters.

OT: That show has been shit for over a decade. Good riddance!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

But in the end a movie is just about two hours long while a full season for a show is eight to ten hours. I haven't looked at DVD prices in a while, but a full season should easily cost more than a single movie. And while the movie has also theaters to generate money, the TV show has commercial breaks; ads during prime time bring in a lot of money.

When this guys from Star Trek who also is in Oblivion and Castlevania, when he does voice acting he does no preparations, doesn't even read the script beforehand, he just walks in the studio and reads!

Most voice actors do make very little compaired to actors but when you have a show as popular as the Simpsons where the main cost is the voice actors you make exeptions. The Simpsons cast is probably the best paid voice actors in the world.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I hope so.
This was a overrated insult to cartoons, I am ashamed it got so popular.

Oh god no!!!! D:

Who even watchs it anymore?!

Actually I wouldn't mind for me the series has become too family guy-like. I still watch the older seasons