By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Simpsons May Get Canceled!!! ...

Tagged games:

I just love The Simpsons. It makes me smile all the time and I'm emotionally attached to the characters. I'd be very disappointed to see it go.

I simply cannot imagine how would be the final episode.

Around the Network

The Simpsons have been going downhill since the early part of last decade. It really hit me when they released that awful movie.

RolStoppable said:
jester2358 said:

friends is hardly a good example thats like using call of duty as a sales example for other games. steve carrel from the office and mathew fox from lost both made less than 250k an episode. still works out to like 3 million to 5 million a season depending on amount of episodes.

Friends works because the thing it is compared to is The Simpsons. Most popular sitcom in its day vs. most popular cartoon ever. We were talking about insane salaries.

yes i suppose it does when compared to simpsons, however your first post on this thread seemed like a general statement is all!.

Great! it is time to bring Wacky Racers back!

Around the Network

I really hope the simpsons continues, it may not be as great as it once was, but its still fun to watch

VGKing said:
Marks said:
They should accept the 30% cut, and then cancel the show after season 25 ends

Fox wants a 45% pay cut.

Yeah I read that dude. 30% sounds reasonable though. If they're making $8m currently and I did my math right then 30% cut is down to $5.6m approximately so that's a pretty decent savings. Multiply $2.4m by 6 (the number of main voice actors) and that's a hefty $14.4m savings. 

I'd say give it a rest for 5 years or so, collect some fresh ideas, and then relaunch the whole thing. It's the only chance I see for it to become funny again. In the form it is now it's disgusting and a shame to it's former glory.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! what else am i gonna watch when nothing is on TV?

also why hasnt the kids aged in 23 years? i expected bart and lisa to be 30 years of age by now and maggie 24

jester2358 said:

friends is hardly a good example thats like using call of duty as a sales example for other games. steve carrel from the office and mathew fox from lost both made less than 250k an episode. still works out to like 3 million to 5 million a season depending on amount of episodes.

They are comparable because they are both at the top of their respective fields.