Super Mario Galaxy 2 44 53.66%

I can't decide over whic... 17 20.73%

Total:81
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Luigi playable in Galaxy 2, for that reason alone i pick G2

Great reasoning, man. You really know your games.

As for me, I prefer Super Mario Galaxy 2, because you collect stars in that game. Also, Bowser is the villain which makes Galaxy 2's story much more appealing than the first one's.

I like Luigi better than mario. got a problem with that? and i didnt say it was the only reason

It's a terrible reason, because Luigi is playable in both games.

thats true but you have to go thru alot more in the original than the sequel

Around the Network

1 was better because it was original.

It allowed more exploration, more spatial awareness play and it was genuinely more fun to play, and more surprising due to these factors.

2 had too many A to B 2D planes of control, and there was barely any real opportunity to just get lost on a planetoid.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Galaxy 1.

It's more groundbreaking for having introduced the gravity system, and thanks to it's cutscenes, musical/graphical style, and less obviously "game-like" structure, (hub instead of map, stars less focussed on a certain mechanic) it has a more epic atmosphere.

I just felt the level design was much more solid and varied in Galaxy 2, Galaxy 1 did a good job in bringing the 3D Mario games to a very high standard, but Galaxy 2 really expanded on and perfected what Galaxy 1 started. Galaxy 2 to Galaxy 1 is Mario Bros 3 to Mario Bros 1; or Sonic 2 to Sonic 1.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

G2 is the better game, but I enjoyed G1 more because of the first-time wow factor.

Around the Network

Galaxy 1.

Because of Rosalina.

In the second game we get a purple Patrick.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Galaxy 2 because the level design, and innovative ways of use the mechanics showed of Galaxy 1
BUT Hub and Story-telling was better on Galaxy 1

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Galaxy 2 is far superior. It has everything Galaxy 1 has and more. Better, more accessible map system, bigger, more inspired worlds, better and more fun powerups, and of course, Yoshi! NSMB trumps them both though!

Metallicube said:
Galaxy 2 is far superior. It has everything Galaxy 1 has and more. Better, more accessible map system, bigger, more inspired worlds, better and more fun powerups, and of course, Yoshi! NSMB trumps them both though!

...and DKCR over all of them?

I'm only asking because I consider DKCR a better game than NSMB Wii, and that's saying a lot, don't get me wrong.