By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console do you Prefer and why?

Which Console do you prefer?

Microsoft Xbox 360 75 24.59%

Nintendo Wii 65 21.31%

Sony PlayStation 3 165 54.10%

Total:305

PStriple, simply because it has the best overall exclusives and also has the other great muiltiplatforms.

Around the Network

PS3...it has more games I like.

RolStoppable said:
Xen said:

360, unreliable back then with RROD, game scratching, no blu-ray, but with all the good games from the PS3 and wonderful exclusives of its own (plus, XBL - which is actually something to categorize under games) wiped the floor with the PS3 which either shared 360 games or lacked an exclusive lineup of its own (solved by the end of '09), was far more reliable, and far more feature-full. In some places, no price-cuts saved it.

Heck, I am an idiot. I should've said Wii vs anything 2006-2009. That's a console that shit all over its competition only because it gave people the games they wanted and literally had nothing else other than games. No DVD. Bad online. No multimedia until Netflix! Just straight up GAMES.

Those aren't even actual faults.

They aren't (aside from online), and maybe I should've noted that, but my point was that people care for nothing BUT games.

Runa216 said:
Personally, I prefer the PS3 the most. Between the game list (which is practically identical to the 360 aside from some exclusives), the hardware stability, the free online play, and the Blu-Ray capabilities, nothing else compares. Coming in second is the 360, since it has great online capabilities, some really awesome games (including a fantastic XBLA game set), and an expansive community. Third is Wii, which I like, but given the fact I've only bought two games for it in the last three years....well, it's not getting much play. those games I got were fantastic (DKCR and New Super Mario Brothers Wii), but it's just not getting enough play.

I chose PS3 for those features because:

1 - I'm also a lover of movies, Audio/Video was what I Went to college for, so the Blu-Ray is right up my alley.
2 - I don't like paying for online. PC is free, PSN is free, Wii is free, no reason I should have to pay for XBL.
3 - I don't play online enough to justify paying for it. maybe a dozen times all year.
4 - I love a lot of genres of games, and I find the PS3 list to be much more varied. Plus I'm not a huge fan of shooters
5 - I prefer the controller design, and I especially love the lack of batteries needed.
6 - my first Xbox Red-Ringed within two weeks of owning it, my first PS3 only needs a disc drive clean to work again
7 - other multimedia options work for me.
8 - what online I do play is just as smoothe and glitch-free as the Xbox equivalent, plus it's free.
9 - I love the PSN. while the XBLA has better original titles, I love rebuying PS1 games that I've lost or had broken
10 - while the PSMove is disappointing, it's nice to see it incorporated into REAL games, not shovelware. (Killzone, LBP2, Resistance, etc)

On the flipside, I hate about the PS3:

1 - No backwards compatibility anymore. Seriously, Eff off Sony for taking that away.

With the Xbox, I love the following:

1 - Great support on the XBLA, best of the online systems.
2 - I love the controller as well, not as good as PS3 in my eyes, but a HUGE step up from the original Xbox.
3 - Bethesda and Bioware games are much better on the 360

but HATE:

1 - I still have a 60 gig pro model...could Red Ring at any time. Plus it makes a horrible grinding noise.
2 - I really don't like paying for online gaming. I have enough bills to pay, I'd rather take that 60 a year and buy a new game.

With Wii, I love:

1 - Wii First Party titles are unrivaled! (Mario, Metroid, zelda, Kirby, DK, Smash Brothers, Mariokart)
2 - I loved the Virtual Console...at first. Seriously, it's so awesome to have Mario RPG again!
3 -

But I am disappointed in:

1 - Seriously, I hate forced motion control. In many games this is the only bad part (Galaxy, DKCR, etc)
2 - It's sad when the best games would be better played on a Gamecube controller
3 - Too much shovelware/not enough third party support. Too much high-selling garbage to wade through to get the good stuff.
4 - absolutely no support over these last few years! few VC games are released anymore, and there's been maybe a half dozen games that interest me over the last three years
5 - Fucking Operation Rainfall...seriously.

Are you disappointed that people want the three games, or that NoA is not releasing the three games?

PS3 is my favorite as it has most of the games I like (I'm not into shooters or online gaming too much).  Right now, I'm playing my Wii more due to a game that Nintendo of America doesn't want me to be playing.  I played my Xbox 360 more when MS cared about the Japanese market, but not so much after they stopped caring.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Xen said:
Rainbird said:
Xen said:

Xbox 360 v PS3, 2007-2009.

You'll have to explain that to me, what argument are you trying to make?

360, unreliable back then with RROD, game scratching, no blu-ray, but with all the good games from the PS3 and wonderful exclusives of its own (plus, XBL - which is actually something to categorize under games) wiped the floor with the PS3 which either shared 360 games or lacked an exclusive lineup of its own (solved by the end of '09), was far more reliable, and far more feature-full. In some places, no price-cuts saved it.

Heck, I am an idiot. I should've said Wii vs anything 2006-2009. That's a console that shit all over its competition only because it gave people the games they wanted and literally had nothing else other than games. No DVD. Bad online. No multimedia until Netflix! Just straight up GAMES.

I'm not saying games don't sell systems, I'm saying people can wish they wanted to play those games on a different system. 

I'm sure a few of the people who bought a 360 to play Gears of War or Halo 3 would have wished they could have played those games on the PS3 if they got a RRoD.

Around the Network
Xen said:
RolStoppable said:
Xen said:

Those aren't even actual faults.

They aren't (aside from online), and maybe I should've noted that, but my point was that people care for nothing BUT games.

You´re correct.It´s such a simple concept, but it escaped even Nintendo when they released the 3DS.

Xen said:
Rainbird said:

I think it's important to seperate the system itself from the games in this situation.

I mean, I have all three consoles (fat PS3, slim 360), and the 360 is far and away my favorite system. It just feels so incredibly well designed, everything comes together really well, and Microsoft are really putting their users first.

The PS3 feels so... dead, I guess you could say, in comparison. The XMB just doesn't give the same sense of comfort you get on the 360. Your friends are all just names on a list, and even though the PS3 does a lot of different things, it never really comes together into a cohesive whole.

The Wii is a mixed bag. I like how Miis are used (though the avatars of the 360 are more my kind of thing in some ways), but the system itself feels a bit like the PS3, in that it never comes alive as it ought to.

As far as games go, the PS3 has the edge, but I often find myself wishing I could have played a PS3 game on the 360. So in the end, I have to go with the 360.

Games = the reason you buy a system, therefore

System = games

Nothing else to it. Any other features are always, always, always, a bonus. I love the way my PSP Go handles my anime/music needs on the go, but I got it for the game first and foremost.

In Rainbird's defense, the X360 & PS3's library are almost 90% similar. So it's reasonable to suggest that features can be more important than a few exclusives.

Jay520 said:
Xen said:
Rainbird said:

I think it's important to seperate the system itself from the games in this situation.

I mean, I have all three consoles (fat PS3, slim 360), and the 360 is far and away my favorite system. It just feels so incredibly well designed, everything comes together really well, and Microsoft are really putting their users first.

The PS3 feels so... dead, I guess you could say, in comparison. The XMB just doesn't give the same sense of comfort you get on the 360. Your friends are all just names on a list, and even though the PS3 does a lot of different things, it never really comes together into a cohesive whole.

The Wii is a mixed bag. I like how Miis are used (though the avatars of the 360 are more my kind of thing in some ways), but the system itself feels a bit like the PS3, in that it never comes alive as it ought to.

As far as games go, the PS3 has the edge, but I often find myself wishing I could have played a PS3 game on the 360. So in the end, I have to go with the 360.

System = games

Nothing else to it. Any other features are always, always, always, a bonus. I love the way my PSP Go handles my anime/music needs on the go, but I got it for the game first and foremost.

In Rainbird's defense, the X360 & PS3's library are almost 90% similar. So it's reasonable to suggest that features can be more important than a few exclusives.

In 2007-9, that was not the case. At all.

The ball was firmly in the 360's court.

360: controllers, online experience, most of friends on 360, halo, gears, xbla, ..etc etc

Xen said:
Jay520 said:
Xen said:
Rainbird said:

System = games

In 2007-9, that was not the case. At all.

The ball was firmly in the 360's court.

Well, I meant right now. The systems are virtually the same aside from features & the occasional good exclusive.